Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Tips for marketing to an audience you don’t sell to?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    BruceR
    • Total posts: 195
    Up
    ::

Hi, thanks for reading…

My business is a sort of niche TripAdvisor. The people I want to market to, use the site to get information for free. I’ve tried several channels, most not very successfully. Virtually all the marketing advice I read (quite a lot) is about selling products or services and doesn’t really apply to me. .

I am fairly active on social media as the business is very much B2C – however this is only having limited success.

Does anyone have any advice or experience in this kind of target market?

Thank you.

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

If it is purely about traffic, build a following via your content – this is one of the most successful ways to market.

Content, SEO and Social Media direct to all the people you are trying to target.

If you would like to be in contact i am happy to discuss further.

BruceR
    Up

Thanks Kelly, yes you’re right. I do have heaps of content and my challenge is to get people to know about it.

I think I do need to create (or build on) a profile for myself rather than just relying on the brand to do the work. But like a lot of small business owners putting yourself out there is pretty daunting…

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

I completely understand – Once you publish a blog or similar try to think of at least 6 different ways you can share and promote it.

There are probably lots of ways you can do this and a good brainstorming session may get some ideas flowing.

GamifiedStratMarketing
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

Hi Bruce, as a cyclist (and marketer) myself, I see a few opportunities for you in relation to cycletours (outside of optimising your website via SEO and lead generation through paid search and social media, the below are some ideas via low cost executions:

– With the current customers you do have, keep them engaged on your social media, and promote opportunities for them to share. If they have a positive experience with your brand, they are most likely to know like minded people that they can recommend your site to

– Where you can I would reach out to bike shops and cycling clubs, create special member and group discounts. Most cyclists will take cycling tours together.

– Target a few influential ambassadors to promote your brand via social media, they can be cycling or travel experts. The advantage of here is that they can be advocates on your behalf

– Build engagement around big cycling events ie when Tour de France is on, not only ramp up your social media about the event itself, but provide packages or editorial around how you can create a memorable experience for anyone wanting to cycle the same routes as the tour

– Packages for anyone wanting to see any of the events O’seas but create an experience which is not only just following the tour

– The above is the same for the Triathlon world, triathletes travel all around the world (with their bikes) and usually make a holiday of it. How do you create a package to say Challenge Roth with a cycling experience after the race?

– Reach out to cycling, triathlon media, and get editorial

– Aligning with travel insurance and bike specific insurance companies eg velosure

All of the above are low cost but is tapping into the cycling culture, creating engagement with your brand and utilising the network to do the heavy lifting for you.

Hope this makes sense and is helpful.

BruceR
    Up

Thanks mate, some useful points there.

I don’t actually operate tours myself but can probably make better use of my relationship with multiple operators to run campaigns or promotions.

I really appreciate your in-depth answer which I’m going to print out to add to my marketing plan.

Cheers

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Bruce,

On a side note, it’s great to see your smiley face on the forums, and I notice you’re now an ex-accountant! Exciting times :)

Jayne

BruceR
    Up
    FS Concierge, post: 192117 wrote:
    Hi Bruce,

On a side note, it’s great to see your smiley face on the forums, and I notice you’re now an ex-accountant! Exciting times :)

Jayne

Thanks Jayne, yes good to see some familiar faces here. I have been keeping in touch through Facebook and RSS though not logging on too often…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.