Home Forums New here? Share your story Tips for new players to the forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889

Sure, happy to help. I’ve sent you a private message.

thamilton
    • Total posts: 1

Hi everyone, Thanks FS for the tips. Me too am just new here from Victoria. See you all around guys. By the way, my name is Tony:)

noelranger
    thamilton, post: 250938, member: 100281 wrote:
    Hi everyone, Thanks FS for the tips. Me too am just new here from Victoria. See you all around guys. By the way, my name is Tony:)

Hi Tony – welcome to Flying Solo! Look forward to seeing you in the discussions :)

1800SEOAdelaide
    • Total posts: 2

Thanks very much for that, it was a great introduction into what to do & expect first on the site! looking forward to using more!

Lisa Crocker
    • Total posts: 221

Hi Jarrad,

Thanks for joining our community! If you like, you might want to tell us a bit more about yourself over on the introduction thread here: here: http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/index.php?forums/new-here-share-your-story.28/

Cheers,
    Lisa

karensaid
    • Total posts: 78

Sorry admin, Ill find a decent pic of me and post. :-)

jonesysherbalteas

hello and thank you for that. How do I post a question in the forum?

[Former] FS Concierge, post: 172828, member: 2205 wrote:
    Hi there,

Thank you for joining the Flying Solo forums – you’ve made our day!

We’ve put together this list of handy tips to help you get the best from your time here and suggest you spend a few moments working through them before making your first post.

Set up your signature: Your forum signature appears underneath your posts, so anyone who’s interested in your products or services will know where to find you. To set yours up, head to the Control panel, and choose Signature. Please keep your signature short (4 lines, 200 characters max) and professional. Adding a tagline and linking to your business website is fine, but no more than three links are permitted and no images please.

Show us your face: We’d love it if you personalised your profile by uploading a headshot to appear alongside your posts. First crop your picture to be 80 x 80 pixels and no more than 19.5 KB, and then head back to the account area and choose personal details and upload an image from your computer, upload the file, and save your changes.

Personalise the rest of your profile: Also in your account area, choose from the menus to enter a little more info you’d like to share about yourself and your business (including where you’re based), and include links to your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and Pinterest accounts. (Hint: When linking to your social media pages, make sure NOT to include http:// and to scroll right to the bottom of the page to save the changes you’ve made).

Read up on the rules: To help get a handle on how things work around here, please have a read through of the forum community guidelines, and this brief introduction to forum etiquette.

All done? Right-oh, you’re ready to make your first post! We recommend you start by introducing yourself and your business to the rest of our community by starting a new thread in the New Members section of the forum. Once that’s done, feel free to jump in and get amongst it.

And if you have any questions, please send me a private message (PM) – I’m here to help and will respond within 2 working days, probably sooner ☺.

All the best,

Jayne and the FS Crew

Peter – FS Administrator

Hi

jonesysherbalteas, post: 258841, member: 110851 wrote:
    hello and thank you for that. How do I post a question in the forum?

Hi Jonesyherbalteas,
    Thanks for joining the forums, great to have you.
    To post a new question just head to a topic that is most relevant and then hit the green ‘Post new thread’ button at the top of the page. If you want to reply to an existing discussion just hit ‘Post reply’ as you did this time.

A good place to start would be at the introductions topic here http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/index.php?forums/new-here-share-your-story.28/ – where you can tell us a bit more about where you’re up to in your business.

Any questions just let us know.

Cheers, Peter

1800SEOAdelaide
    • Total posts: 2
    Lisa Crocker, post: 232175, member: 4 wrote:
    Hi again Joe!

Because your username has changed, I’ll need to delete that post for you. Can you please email me the link to the post and I’ll remove it.

Cheers,
    Lisa
    WILL DO, THX! :-D

samwood
    • Total posts: 5

I’m so grateful to have come across this community of like minded people. Business can be exciting and scary at the same time. I’m sure this forum will provide a wealth of knowledge.
    Sam

Peter – FS Administrator
    samwood, post: 263930, member: 113706 wrote:
    I’m so grateful to have come across this community of like minded people. Business can be exciting and scary at the same time. I’m sure this forum will provide a wealth of knowledge. Sam

Hi Sam – welcome and thanks for joining up and posting! We’ll see you around the threads and hopefully we can assist :)

alexcooper

I m glad to join the flying solo community.
    I am running my Cleaning Services Business named Dirt Alert

bobby347
    • Total posts: 8

I have a question for admin.
    Who dictates if a link on this site such as a link in someones post, or signature is a follow or no follow link?
    I’m curious as i notice there is both

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,146
    bobby347, post: 270715, member: 118186 wrote:
    I have a question for admin.
    Who dictates if a link on this site such as a link in someones post, or signature is a follow or no follow link?
    I’m curious as i notice there is both
    We do not have rules around follow and no-follow.
    It is up to each soloist themselves.
    Small Biz Excel Whiz
    • Total posts: 3

Hello,

I’m having issues getting my signature approved and am unsure how to contact an administrator directly to – it seems to follow the guidelines but it’s flagged as ‘may contain spam etc.’.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.