Home – New Forums Face-to-face meetups & events To all those brisbane coffee geeks out there…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    PlantationCoffee
    • Total posts: 22
    Up
    ::

I am thinking of running a small project that will be along the lines of sensory development sessions at my roastery and so i would like to get a feel for how many might be interested in gaining a better palate or those who would like to explore what might be useful for your own development.

If i did run this project , what would you want most from it?
    Would you be willing to pay for someone else’s knowledge and experience?

Also to those in the industry already: would you take some time to further develop your skills.

Cheers
    Shaf

CindyK
    • Total posts: 155
    Up

Hi,

Forgive my ignorance, but can you explain more about your idea and what you are looking at achieving. I love coffee, drink alot of it, but I am not sure what you mean by sensory development. All senses? Just the coffee ones? etc etc.

PlantationCoffee
    Up

Hahah hi cinyk

No offence taken, sensory development involves developing your palate by way of tasting and closely examining different origins of coffee as well as different roast profiles of the same origin.

Inwhich case both the nasal olfactory nerves are exposed to aromatics as well as your taste buds.

A basic or introductory session would involve comparing several very different origins.

Cheers

Shaf

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?csf4s5

PlantationCoffee
    Up

CindyK*

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?qf4ocr

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Shaf,

I’m all decaf these days, and am not in Brisbane, but I still love this idea.

My guess is that you’ll do best with it if you’ve got an existing database of coffee purists and can invite them to get even better (i.e. more personally pleasurable) results from their home brews. Another option might be to team up with a boutique bottle shop or wine bar that does wine tastings and market it as an add on or extension to what they’re already doing (and then offer the same for them in return).

Suggesting the best food pairings to go with each blend might be fun too… I saw this done at a tea tasting at a Sydney Food Festival event years ago, and have been raving about it ever since (although can’t for the life of me recall what tea to serve with what food).

Hope it goes brilliantly for you – please report back and let us know!

Jayne

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.