Home – New Forums Starting your journey To be a contactor or run my own business???

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    I Promote You
    • Total posts: 8
    Up
    ::

Hi all i currently work on a commission basis for a internet site selling advertising. What are your thoughts as to do i stay doing this or start my own site? What are the pros and cons??? Some advice would be really appreciated!

I Promote You
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

Anyone??

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi IPU,

It’s hard for anyone to give you advice without knowing a bit more about your background, skills and success rate in your current set-up. You’d also want a very solid business plan behind you, I’d have thought.

I’ll be interested to know what other people think too.

Good luck for your decision making.
    Jayne

peppie
    • Total posts: 525
    Up

It would also help if you filled in a bit of information in your profile about who/what/where and even why, as Jayne says.

A lot of your answers will most likely come from within yourself in any case. What do you like to do, what are you happiest doing etc.. Are you happy working for someone else at least in the sense of contract type of work. Or are you really only happiest when you are the decsiion maker.

When you are your own boss completely you make your own choice as to the sort of work you want to do. Of course that does depend on what the market is for what you can do, but that is essentially the diff.. So first comes the plan and that can really only come from you.

Lee Simpson
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Own business would trump being a commission based contractor any day of the week. Own business would be much harder to get started, but offers the main advantage of “other peoples time”. This can free you from having to work to get commission, and you can focus on expanding the business and looking for other opportunities – thus reaching a much greater height that you could of otherwise.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.