Home – New Forums Tell me straight… To go the big chief title?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    MediaMuse
    • Total posts: 34
    Up
    ::

I was wondering what others considered the best title to give themselves when they are a soloist in charge of their own company – director etc?

My business is Media Muse (business communications and media) and I hope in time to have other ‘media muses’ working in my business – am I the chief muse, the CEO, the director, or just Marnie Finster (no title).

My former non-soloist roles had me as senior journalist, media advisor, corporate communications manager – all not fitting my new business!

thanks in advance for the comments fellow soloists…

MissieK
    • Total posts: 234
    Up

According to the status on my forums, I’m the “Head Mama”!

Melissa

sam_leader
    • Total posts: 660
    Up

I like Chief Muse. The other titles don’t quite fit, do they? Not just for you, but for all soloists.

This article by Yaro Starak, while not about titles, makes an interesting read on solo business branding. small business brand positioning business branding

MediaMuse
    Up

Thanks for your feedback Sam. I read the article and I can see the value of the ‘I’ now. Liked the referral in comments under that article for ‘Small is the new big’ book, will chase that up at the library… anyone read it?

Will probably go with chief muse or nothing – having new business cards done and need to make a decsion.

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

I reckon ‘Chief Muse’, is definately the way to go.

Shows you have Class, Style and think outside the square.

Anyone can call themselves CEO or MD or NBG, but ‘Chief Muse’ wow.

MediaMuse
    Up

Thanks Burgo – class and style are the exact things I’m aiming to emit!

marnieb
    • Total posts: 159
    Up

Hello from another Marnie. :)

I love Chief Muse!

I tend to steer away from anything too formal lately though – I’ve been called ‘Director’ from day one, but lately I’ve been hating it and just reverted back to graphic designer or business owner.

Renee Barber
    • Total posts: 360
    Up

Hi Marnie

I rather like ‘Chief Muse’ and for some reason am already thinking of your ‘partners in crime’ as the Muselings, but perhaps that sounds too much like a New Age singing group (grin).

I also have to say that having someone called ‘Director’ when there’s no-one else to direct has always made me ponder …

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

I don’t use the big chief title, but I do use
    Karen Curran
    Graphic Designer and Illustrator

Effectively that helps introduce me and what I do.
    Cheers.

Paul C
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Hi Marnie,
    Go the “Chief Muse”

It enhances your point of difference and will get people asking just what a “Chief Muse” does which gives you an opening to introduce you and your business properly.

Agree with Burgo. Have met a lot of Directors, CEO’s and MD’s but never a “Chief Muse”. Now that would be interesting to find out more.

Cheers and best regards
    Paul C

MediaMuse
    Up

The responses seem to be directing me toward using ‘chief muse’ – thankyou all. It is growing on me and I like that most comments point to it being unique and classy – exactly what I’m after! :)

now to just figure out how to make a pdf of my first round of logo drafts smaller so I can post it for comments – am in a bit of a pickle not sure which direction to go on them…. any ideas?…….

The Internet Bloke
    • Total posts: 131
    Up

I generally use “Thaumaturgist”.

It means “Miracle Worker” – very appropriate for many small business owners these days !

Cheers, Eric G.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.