Home – New Forums Get productive today, is reflect a little on my past successes…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

I know its a little odd, although we just had a few sales go through our web site in the last 24 hours and sometimes i forget how much i have put in, both time and effort, to getting things off the ground – so today, i am reflecting on some past successes to remember the journey thus far…

The reason i want to do this is not self glorification, but to try and get back to basics and look at some challenges we are facing with fresh entrepreneurial eyes as if i was starting again – humble yet excited, subdued yet driven..

Things i am grateful for thus far, which i happily share are:
    a. Web site operating on its own merit (yes may need improvement although gathers orders as required)
    b. Wholesale market that we have began to work in that is growing
    c. Ability to have formed a relationship with a few key suppliers that is currently going quite well..
    d. Some great customer interactions that have resulted in a few referrals as well as some great testimonials (unpublished and published)
    e. Finding FS, that has allowed a brief escape and to share some knowledge i have developed over the years with a few other members to hopefully get them on track

To add to comment e. i am adding that as something to be grateful for as i received a beautiful email the other day from an FS member who said:
    “I’m a bit of a lurker on Flying Solo and have often noticed your posts as being helpful and interesting. Once I even printed out a little quote from you and had it pinned up near my computer … something about starting a business and feeling like you were “playing in a grown-ups world”. I’m trying to get up the guts to really launch into a new business and it really spoke to me. I often feel like a scared little kid!!”

This really touched me, and i know it wasnt the writers intent to do so, although i truly like helping others about to set foot on a journey that is their passion.. and it sort of meant a bit to me to be honest….

So, for the rest of the day in amongst customer queries with a sale we are running (ends today so its a tad busy.. LOL) i will be looking back on our journey… whilst remembering the past and the next few steps we need to take..

Have you taken the time to appreciate all your own efforts lately? would love to hear if you have…

Thanks for reading, have a great Friday everyone..

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Thanks Jason for this post

I agree that we all rarely take the time to reflect on our success stories and that email you received must have really made your day.

My reason for being thankful comes each time I see a client come in with their shoulders slumped from the pressures of small business. I am thankful for the opportunity to turn their day around and have them walk out strengthened to take on what ever challenge comes their way.
    This is the reason I get up each day and why I am passionate about the work I do. It is my clients successes that make me successful.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Thanks Miss Sassy,

Agree whole heartedly with your comments.. especially the part about you loving the fact you can turn a slump into action.. AWESOME! in a previous life i was blessed to be involved with many a small business at the start up faze and had the pleasure of helping people get across the lines with their dreams and aspirations… One of the most rewarding roles i ever held, aside from my current business of course..

Have a great day and hope you are staying cool.. appreciate your post..

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

I think that is great.
    Hey welcome to the club young lurker.
    Ive been in business for over 53 years and still feel like a kid in a grown up world, and that feeling like a scared little kid is just anticipation.
    Like how cold is the water or how deep is the pool.
    Believe in your self and jump in preferably the deep end, you will find you will be able to swim, and the longer your in the water the better you become at swimming against all odds.
    If your passionate enough, and believe in yourself DO IT

LuchiaBloomfield
    • Total posts: 117
    Up

Your posts are always really insightful and well-written, I also really enjoy reading them. Thank you for sharing your journey!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.