Home – New Forums Other discussions Todays battle, the hill exists but you can overcome it!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    ::

Happy Monday morning everyone :)

Hope you are all very well and enjoying settling in for the week ahead.

After having a lengthy conversation with a business close to me heart a moment ago, i just wanted to share a thought with you all. A little pat on the back and a little advice that no matter what hurdle is unfolding ahead of you this week (should you have any) that you can overcome it and work through it.

Key being the ability to work through the project, the task or the problem at hand. There are several key steps that may include:
    a. Not taking it personally (if its a client problem/issue)
    b. Allocating some time to it, not putting it on the back burner, and breaking it down into manageable chunks.
    c. Seeking some independent advice, should it be too overwhelming or complicated
    d. If you are not on top of it, due to deadlines etc, keeping your client or work colleague abreast of your status with regular updates
    e. Smile whilst you are doing it, put in your best effort and be happy doing it.. If you are grumpy doing it, the end result may reflect this ‘attitude’.

Although i know its yet another random post by moi, what i would like to also add is that the overall message is to communicate, allocate time and work on your commitments in an open way. Burying your head in the sand achieves nadda :(

One other comment is about step c. this is a point that has been drummed into me from my corporate life being to seek independent advice from ‘professionals’ and surrounding yourself with people that can help you – be it lawyers, solicitors, accountants, business coaches, logistics, web designers or just skilled friends although all relevant to their area of expertise that can guide and navigate you through times of trouble…

Oops, and surrounding yourself with other lovely FS forumites :)

Thanks for reading, remember the hill ahead may be steep although if you plan your journey you will make it to the top and reap the rewards and maybe have time to rest and see the amazing sunsets!

Have a great week
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Nice post Jas, hopefully it uplifts someone who is having a tough start to their week, month or year for that matter.:)

Kelly Exeter FS Editor
    • Total posts: 241
    Up

That’s really lovely Jason. Could I share these thoughts with the FS Facebook community?

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    Kelly Exeter FS Editor, post: 212654, member: 63738 wrote:
    That’s really lovely Jason. Could I share these thoughts with the FS Facebook community?

Hi Kelly

Of course…

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    MissSassy, post: 212643, member: 52888 wrote:
    Nice post Jas, hopefully it uplifts someone who is having a tough start to their week, month or year for that matter.:)

:)

Kelly Exeter FS Editor
    • Total posts: 241
    Up

Thank you!

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Jason, Very old thread, and I normally don’t re open but my laptop has gone for a sleep over, so turned my old clunker on, and this was the page that opened.
    Very apt thread.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.