Home – New Forums Other discussions Tony Abbott’s near miss

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Adam Randall
    • Total posts: 382
    Up
    ::

I was irritated at the way the news reports on this thing as if it was Tony Abbott’s drivers fault that he stopped too suddenly. All of them talked about the “hero” truck driver that averted a major accident and then went on to blame the roads for the incident.

What a load of claptrap.

Last time I checked, and I am no expert, if the car in front stops, its our responsibility to ensure we stop in a safe and orderly manner.

Blaming the roads or wheather is just a cop out for bad driving behaviour.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

I honestly can’t see him ever being PM. He’s so old fashioned in his way of thinking and so untrust worthy. And FWIW, I don’t like mr sheen either. Mega fake!!!

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

Having seen all the prime ministers we have had since Menzies, I have the feeling Tony Abbott could end up being one of the best.

He’s an Aussie bloke, rough diamond, bit of a character and loose cannon all rolled into one. What you see is what you get, down to earth reliable and honest. He’s a little do a.

He certainly has a massive job ahead of him, but I believe he can pull it off, and if he does you will start to see some responcible government decission made, not like the ones we are currently having.

The insulation fiasco, should never have happened under a true labor government, it appears there is one set of rules for us on how we treat OH&S and another one foe this government decissions.
    At last after four unnecessary deaths and house fires checks and balances are being toted, but they have been there all the time.

Sorry Itook it off topic.

Tracey Anne
    • Total posts: 82
    Up

I agree Burgo.
    I could write a book about how much Kevin Rudd and his hopeless Government scare me, but best to not get me started :)

Mick87
    • Total posts: 31
    Up

I once saw Abbott on the 7.30 report (abc) asking for a 2 hour debate on global warming..

1 side of the debate was to be scientists for global warming + ETS (all these scientists are funded by our govt).. and the other side of the debate was to be scientists against global warming theory and ETS.

But it turns out the government funded scientists or journalists/reps etc.. couldn’t make it for a real open discussion on global warming..

Therefore, from seeing just that alone, I have hope that Abbott is a real person and not just a puppet.. but then again. It doesn’t take much to blackmail a person or scare them into becoming a puppet that reads off a script every time.

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

I met Tony Abbott and Bronwen Bishop at a charity event and they sang a duet, heeps of fun and a great laugh. They came past our table and I cheekily said to Tony ‘ Dont give up your day job’. He roard with laughter, and said with the biggest grin ‘ I love my day job.’

Bronny was seen about fifteen minutes afterwards talking, and taking great interest in the two young ladies off our table who were patients at Westmead Hospital. They had anorexia.
    They came back to our table beeming, saying what a lovely lady Bronny is

Made our evening.

Steven Hudson
    • Total posts: 122
    Up

Adam

The law is the law……but trying to pull up 40 tonnes of truck is not easy, I would be looking to see how that load was secured it looked to me the trailer was about to go in its own direction i.e.jack knive, it was the drivers skill that kept the rig up right and going all in the same direction.

I can tell you that is no claptrap… it is life saving stuff…. There are car drivers out there who have no idea what they do to truck drivers on a daily basis and because of careless actions put other divers life’s at risk.

Having said that I there is still a lot truck driver’s who are cowboys and are still living in the past the industry has a long way to go.

Burgo
    He’ll go close. That’s if there is no major stuff ups in the Libs camp. PC must be wondering why he bailed out.

Cheers

Steven

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.