Home – New Forums Tech talk Tracking Yahoo CPC with Google Analytics?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    nominal
    • Total posts: 504
    Up
    ::

I’m trying Yahoo CPC again to see if it can give Google CPC a fight. After $200 test, the report shows hundreds of clicks and high % CTR. Which sounds too good to be true.

When I am looking at the Google analytics side, no bears and no Forrest… I can only see a handfull of Yahoo organics but nothing that resembles the hundreds of clicks reported by Yahoo.

Can you help explain this strange behavour? is Google ignoring Yahoo or is Yahoo lying?

Thanks,
    Uri

createdevelop
    • Total posts: 171
    Up

The only way to be 100% certain is to look at the server logs and see if there are any referrers from Yahoo.

Google should show the users coming from Yahoo search at least.

createdevelop
    • Total posts: 171
    Up

The only way to be 100% certain is to look at the server logs and see if there are any referrers from Yahoo.

Google should show the users coming from Yahoo search at least.

nominal
    Up

A good idea, I have done that already and can see the Yahoo CPC there.
    There is no mention of it in Analytics – very strange.

I think I will have to create custom URL for the Yahoo CPC so that it will show up in GA. I wouldn’t think Google “no evil” will hide the competition CPC results :-)

nominal
    Up

A good idea, I have done that already and can see the Yahoo CPC there.
    There is no mention of it in Analytics – very strange.

I think I will have to create custom URL for the Yahoo CPC so that it will show up in GA. I wouldn’t think Google “no evil” will hide the competition CPC results :-)

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up

I have seen an unbelievable increase in referrals from a Yahoo paid links campaign compared to a G Adword campaign. It looks like it may be the result of the competitive activity in a specific search market and the CPC on G.

I don’t manage the advertising campaign but the adword managers were able to set up Analytics tracking so that the Yahoo results were reported.
    Regs,
    JohnW

JohnW
    Up

I have seen an unbelievable increase in referrals from a Yahoo paid links campaign compared to a G Adword campaign. It looks like it may be the result of the competitive activity in a specific search market and the CPC on G.

I don’t manage the advertising campaign but the adword managers were able to set up Analytics tracking so that the Yahoo results were reported.
    Regs,
    JohnW

nominal
    Up
    JohnW, post: 115938 wrote:
    the adword managers were able to set up Analytics tracking so that the Yahoo results were reported.

Thanks. Do you know how? by individually setting the tracking url for each ad?

nominal
    Up
    JohnW, post: 115938 wrote:
    the adword managers were able to set up Analytics tracking so that the Yahoo results were reported.

JohnW
    Up
    nominal, post: 115940 wrote:
    Hi,
    I did not follow it through how it was done but it was set up to report as a specific referral source in Analytics.
    Regs,
    JohnW
    JohnW
    Up
    nominal, post: 115940 wrote:
    Hi,
    I did not follow it through how it was done but it was set up to report as a specific referral source in Analytics.
    Regs,
    JohnW
    Aidan
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up

Hi Uri, you’ll need to tag the traffic from Yahoo to see it properlyin GA the method is a bit long winded to explain on my tablet so I’d recommend taking a look at ppcblog.com/google-analytics-ppc-tips the method he gives works well for me.

Aidan
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up

Hi Uri, you’ll need to tag the traffic from Yahoo to see it properlyin GA the method is a bit long winded to explain on my tablet so I’d recommend taking a look at ppcblog.com/google-analytics-ppc-tips the method he gives works well for me.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.