Home Forums Marketing mastery Trade show designs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    encocreative
    • Total posts: 50

We’re going on our first trade show event, to market our services a bit. We’ve done networking in the past, but haven’t attended a trade show.

We have some ideas on creative designs that would showcase our work, but I wanted to ask you what types of designs are essential to have in our booth?

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485

My answer may come across wrong, but there is only one person who can answer this and that is you. You know what design you are good at, your passion, what people like about your designs, Your designs are you.

Sure I could say you must have a design of an XYZ at the show, but is that really you, that could be your worst design.

GuestMember
    • Total posts: 318

I agree with Bert to some extent. There are so many variables here (and you’re the branding expert ;)) However, if you’re looking for more general rather than specific pointers:

• Keep text to an absolute minimum. Edit it down. And when you think you’ve finished, scrub more. People at trade shows are overwhelmed by information and short on time.
    • Make graphics Big. You want to attract attention from passers by. As in sales generally – AIDA – Attention first to come over, then spark their Interest, then create Desire (where you chat with them), then Action (agree a follow-up meeting, direct sale, etc).
    • Branding – colour, fonts, etc – make them shine and keep them consistent and few in number. You know about this part.
    • Demonstrate what you do. It’s why they’re called trade shows. Too many stalls have loads of info but the prospective customers want to see examples.
    encocreative

No, Bert, I found it going nicely across :) I agree with you there.

I asked my question in a wrong manner, I though about the types of marketing collateral, such as business cards, thank you notes, etc. Wanted to see if there was something that is essential to trade shows, which we may miss going in our direction.

But you both gave me a great answer.

And I agree, we need to demonstrate what we do, so the start is designing a great stand :D

xplorephils
    • Total posts: 9

Hi Ratko, Good luck on your trade show.
    I’m also joining a travel expo in 2 months and in preparation stage. It’s a little overwhelming at the moment.
    I have some ideas like giveaways (beach towels, travel cases, etc) plus a contest to entice people to sign-up and share their contact details.
    I’m listing these ideas and reading online on business owners experience.

Please share your experience here in preparation and the event itself.

Thanks

encocreative

Sure Xlorephils, I’ll post our ideas as we go forward ;)

Thrive Promotional
    • Total posts: 146

I’m going to advise to consider promotional product (given that’s what I do).

promotional gifts for a trade show can have great impact .. Like other marketing though, they should be used strategically. It’s not about throwing branded pens at people.

With some clever thinking, branded items that align with your business or key message are cost effective and will give you ‘lots of bang for your investment’. These days, they are also tools that encourage fun inclusion in social media such as Instagram.

Hope this provides something to consider.

Cheers
    M

encocreative

Yeah, it does. Thank s Morgan;)

And I get where you’re going. Creative designs that are aligned to what we do, and are interactive.

Like it!

xplorephils
    • Total posts: 9

Hi Ratko, how’s the planning and prep doing? when is your exhibition?
    I only have 1 month to go and I’m stressing out.

encocreative

Hey Michelle,

We’ve decided to wait for the start of next year and attend one. We’re focusing more on our digital marketing efforts and have a few events I’m going to attend for networking.

What are you stressed about :) Really would like to know. Maybe I can help

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.