Home – New Forums Starting your journey Trademark and Business names

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RoMzRomeo
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I have been wondering for a while now about a new business name. The name that I have came up with is COOKIN (fresh food delivery). I have tried searching IP Australia for a similar name and the closest name that i can find is COOKINITALY, they organise tours to italy.

If the names are similar but they provide different services, Am I going to get in trouble if I use the name COOKIN?

ROmel

Paul Serra
    • Total posts: 75
    Up
    RoMzRomeo, post: 34557 wrote:
    Hi all,

I have been wondering for a while now about a new business name. The name that I have came up with is COOKIN (fresh food delivery). I have tried searching IP Australia for a similar name and the closest name that i can find is COOKINITALY, they organise tours to italy.

If the names are similar but they provide different services, Am I going to get in trouble if I use the name COOKIN?

ROmel

Hi Romel

your best bet is to call ipaustralias 1300 number and ask ur questions they are very helpful, also check out the TM headstart service or talk to a trademark attorney you can check out Rebecca from http://www.markyourterritory.com.au she may help you with more ip insight. Goodluck!

The Internet Bloke
    • Total posts: 131
    Up

If they are registered in a different trademark class there would be no conflict.

But check with the people suggested by the previous poster before you do anything.

cheers,
    Eric G.

RoMzRomeo
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

Thanks Paul & Eric,

I rang IP Australia today and the lady was very helpful, her name was Yasmin. I had a lot of questions for her and she was great.

I also rang a Trademark attorney, it would cost from $1300 upwards. And you can actually DIY for half the price. It will cost you a lot of time but I dont mind because I have a lot of it right now.

Thankx for the Info guys

Romel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.