Home Forums Starting your journey Trademark/Patent

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    akb
    • Total posts: 2

Hi,

I am new here this is my first question.

A company in America who is selling the same product as i am here in Australia, has recently put a registered trademark logo next to a product name on their website. Does this mean the product name has been trademarked or does this mean the actual product design is patented and no one can now produce the same product?

Thank you

Paul – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 3,127

Hi And Welcome to Flying Solo [USER=116127]@akb[/USER] . It is great to have you!

Thank you for joining our community and posting.

Hopefully some helpful members will be along soon with some advice to point you in the right direction – perhaps [USER=20176]@JacquiPryor[/USER] could assist?

Cheers

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344

Hi [USER=116127]@akb[/USER] – could you send me a direct message (or email if easier to jacqui@mmwtrademarks.com.au) with some more information and I’d be happy to review/comment further.

Typically use of an “R” symbol (®) means the NAME or perhaps logo is registered as a trademark. Patents are quite a different field.

When you say you are both selling the product, but they’ve updated to use the symbol it suggests ‘someone’ owns that trade mark, somewhere in the world. We need to look at the specific brand and businesses involved to properly evaluate – hence, please feel free to contact me privately to discuss if you don’t wish to disclose too much publicly.

akb
    • Total posts: 2

Hi,

Thank you Paul and Jacqui.

I will send you an email Jacqui.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.