Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Trading under a name slightly different to the registered business name?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ky2290
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi All,
    Just after a bit of help with a new business that we are just starting up. When starting up – we registered our business name as one slightly longer than we would have originally liked as first choice wasn’t able to be registered at all(XYZme)…..
    However, our logo just has the original name (XYZ) without the “me” added and people are starting to refer to us as just this (eg on Facebook and in their correspondence to us).
    I was worried that we may be breeching some regulations in terms of trading under a different name to that which we have registered? Our invoices, correspondence, facebook page name, website etc use the XYZme but I can’t seem to find a clear answer on if we need to change the logo (and other marketing material with it on there – eg business cards) to match and include the “me”…..
    Hoping someone here might be able to help :)
    Thanks!

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up
    ::

You said you have xyzme on all your documentation, leatterheads, invoices etc. So anyone you have dealings with can identify your business and find you.
    I dont think your doing anything wrong.

Steve

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.