Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Transition to Home Business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    besteve
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi All.

My name is Steve, I’m 50, I work full time in the logistics field at the present and I’m looking to start a Web Design business incorporating my love of photography. I’m currently enrolled in a Web Design course whilst investigating and researching the mechanisms involved in transitioning from my current employment to a home business with-in 3 years.

I’m not trying to set the world on fire, I enjoy working, but I desire to work (in the near future) and semi retire in a field that I enjoy, any links to assist me on my path would be appreciated.

Steve

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hey Steve,

Welcome to the forum, you have come to the right place for small business info.

Steve

Geronimo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 237
    Up

Welcome Steve,

It sounds like you’ve got a great next three years ahead of you. My personal view is that people coming into the freelance world from a corporate background are well placed, as you have a solid understanding that business don’t want low prices, they want high value.

There is lots of info on here, and people with plenty of experience. You are in good company.

bmd
    • Total posts: 39
    Up

Hi Steve

Welcome to the forum!! i’m sure you will get plenty of great advice/tips!

I have been on for a few weeks now and getting a lot of great info!

All the best

Matt

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Steve,

Good on you for taking steps to make changes in your life, and setting yourself a reasonable timeframe in which to do it.

I hope you do pick up plenty of tips hanging out with us here. Please feel free to start a new thread with any questions that come up for you – there are always people around here who are in the mood for brainstorming :)

All the best,
    Jayne

JohnTranter
    • Total posts: 842
    Up

Best of luck to you Steve, you’re in the right place if you ever need help or support :)

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

Nice work, Steve! Never too late for a change. All the best :)

sam_leader
    • Total posts: 660
    Up

Hi Steve,

I’d like to join the chorus welcoming you, we look forward to watching your journey unfold.

The forum is an amazing resource, and so are the articles that are published on this website daily. I recommend to stay abreast of what’s published you sign up to our newsletter if you’ve not already done so and/or keep an eye on the start up section of our website http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/startup/

And specifically have a read of this article http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/startup/business-start-up/transitioning-from-full-time-work-into-working-for-yourself and this one from Peter Crocker on starting a side business http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/startup/business-start-up/the-joy-of-starting-a-side-business

Play your cards right and your current employee could end up being one of your best clients! It’s a story I’ve heard play out time and again.

All the very best,

Sam

besteve
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Thankyou all for your welcoming and encouragment, I have some links to follow and reading to do:)

John Mason
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    besteve, post: 125555 wrote:
    Hi All.
    I’m looking to start a Web Design business incorporating my love of photography. I’m currently enrolled in a Web Design course whilst investigating and researching the mechanisms involved in transitioning
    Steve

Good luck Steve.
    If you need a bit of free help or advice with Graphic design/Web design or Photoshop just send me a PM or email and I’ll do my best to help you.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.