Home – New Forums Starting your journey Transportation Website

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #967656
    SendSelect.com.au
    Member
    • Total posts: 30
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hey everyone

    I have just developed my website. http://www.SendSelect.com.au. The site allows the customer to add Items they want delivered and then transport companies can bid to deliver that item. This is all done in a reverse bidding auction. My goal is to streamline the process with my website and allow small to medium size transportation companies to take advantage of back-loading.

    At this point I have been trying to become active on Transport forums, Google Adwords and I have been entering my details into relevant directories.

    If anyone has ideas on how I could further market my business this would be greatly appreciated.

    #1027952
    FionaFell
    Member
    • Total posts: 342
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi,

    This certianly sounds like a unique service.

    Would you be expecting couriers to log in and find stuff to put in their trucks? May have to really sell the benefits to them to get them to be involved that much. (Perhaps an admin task for the office folks, not so much the drivers)

    PS. Welcome to the forum.

    #1027953
    Michael_R
    Member
    • Total posts: 130
    Up
    0
    ::

    Sounds like a good niche to get into for sure…

    Even thou at the moment I have no need to send anything at the momement.

    Advice:

    I would look at keyword searches and see what people are searching for – target these words with you copy/blog and articles.

    Do a small video on how to use the site – the features, advantages and benefits.

    Ebay – I would also target larger items on ebay – find them – contact the seller and ask if they could put a link to your site – eg: “I have a car in Queensland to sell and put your details on the listing to allow other states to purchase” Might have to put something in it for the purchser if you don’t have luck just asking.

    Just a few small ideas

    thanks

    M

    #1027954
    Samith
    Member
    • Total posts: 187
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi,

    Had a quick look at the website, it looks very sleek and easy to navigate. I had a look at the code, seems like you are not using Google Analytics and Webmaster tools yet. Analytics will give you a good idea how the visitors engage with your website content and Google web master tools will tells you what Google sees in your website, things like any issues google found.

    #1027955
    SendSelect.com.au
    Member
    • Total posts: 30
    Up
    0
    ::
    FionaFell, post: 33024 wrote:
    Hi,

    This certianly sounds like a unique service.

    Would you be expecting couriers to log in and find stuff to put in their trucks? May have to really sell the benefits to them to get them to be involved that much. (Perhaps an admin task for the office folks, not so much the drivers)

    PS. Welcome to the forum.

    My thoughts about transport companies are;

    If we can have enough deliveries available on the site that the transport companies can just pick the most suitable. Then I think we shall not have to much difficulty getting the transport companies on the site.

    I do not think that the site will ever be a sole source of Deliveries. I more think that it can definitely assist smaller businesses. Because smaller businesses lack the job volume to get deliveries to and from destinations.

    #1027956
    SendSelect.com.au
    Member
    • Total posts: 30
    Up
    0
    ::
    Michael_R, post: 33025 wrote:
    Sounds like a good niche to get into for sure…

    Even thou at the moment I have no need to send anything at the momement.

    Advice:

    I would look at keyword searches and see what people are searching for – target these words with you copy/blog and articles.

    Do a small video on how to use the site – the features, advantages and benefits.

    Ebay – I would also target larger items on ebay – find them – contact the seller and ask if they could put a link to your site – eg: “I have a car in Queensland to sell and put your details on the listing to allow other states to purchase” Might have to put something in it for the purchser if you don’t have luck just asking.

    Just a few small ideas

    thanks

    M

    Thankyou for your time and knowledge

    I like your ideas and would like more insight into the small video

    * Would I upload the video to youtube?
    and If so how would I get appropriate traffic to it?/ Do many people search for Transport?

    Or would I put it under something else?

    The ebay Idea sounds good I shall begin this process now

    #1027957
    SendSelect.com.au
    Member
    • Total posts: 30
    Up
    0
    ::
    Aus Seek, post: 33026 wrote:
    Hi,

    Had a quick look at the website, it looks very sleek and easy to navigate. I had a look at the code, seems like you are not using Google Analytics and Webmaster tools yet. Analytics will give you a good idea how the visitors engage with your website content and Google web master tools will tells you what Google sees in your website, things like any issues google found.

    Thanks for the positive comments.

    Our goal is to make the process as streamlined as possible. At the moment I have purchased a Analytics program from our Host. I really enjoy and find what is available from it amazing. And I have been keeping a close eye on Traffic.

    I will look into Google Webmaster Tools asap.

    And is their any specific things you think are of high importance regarding Analytics.

    Kind Regards
    Ben

    #1027958
    Michael_R
    Member
    • Total posts: 130
    Up
    0
    ::

    Youtube or other providers can be where you can put the video so it saves on your internet bandwidth.

    Do many people search for transport?

    These are results for local searches in Feb on google…

    transport – 1,500,000
    transport and logistics – 165,000
    interstate transport – 12,100
    road transport – 18,100
    transport logistics – 201,000

    High search numbers. Competition is high thou can get in there but will be tough!! Focus online stuff but do heaps of offline…

    PM me if you want any more details and help

    thanks
    M

    #1027959
    King
    Member
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up
    0
    ::
    Michael_R, post: 33041 wrote:
    Youtube or other providers can be where you can put the video so it saves on your internet bandwidth.

    Do many people search for transport?

    These are results for local searches in Feb on google…

    transport – 1,500,000
    transport and logistics – 165,000
    interstate transport – 12,100
    road transport – 18,100
    transport logistics – 201,000

    High search numbers. Competition is high thou can get in there but will be tough!! Focus online stuff but do heaps of offline…

    PM me if you want any more details and help

    thanks
    M

    I would also be searching cheap couriers, plus maybe “freight Brisbane Darwin”
    So there are plenty of search options and niches to chase, depending on if transport operators or parcel senders is what you are after.

    #1027960
    Samith
    Member
    • Total posts: 187
    Up
    0
    ::
    SendSelect, post: 33040 wrote:
    Thanks for the positive comments.

    Our goal is to make the process as streamlined as possible. At the moment I have purchased a Analytics program from our Host. I really enjoy and find what is available from it amazing. And I have been keeping a close eye on Traffic.

    I will look into Google Webmaster Tools asap.

    And is their any specific things you think are of high importance regarding Analytics.

    Kind Regards
    Ben

    In any Analytics software, regardless there are few key things you can look at, as follows

    Top Content Vs Bounce rate
    Top Landing Pages Vs Exit rate
    Top search terms of the site (if available)

    Top content is the most vistied pages of the website.
    Bounce rate is how many people landed on a page and left without going to another page.
    Top landing pages are the pages that most people come into your website, it could be home page etc.
    Exit rate is how many people exit from a certain page
    Top search terms are, the terms visitors typed in for a search.

    I recommend Google Analytics, since it’s free and extremely powerful. Even if you have a analytics software that you purchased I would highly recommend you use Google Analytics on the side as well.

    #1027961
    cookiejoe
    Member
    • Total posts: 19
    Up
    0
    ::

    hi there,

    not sure if i am confused by now reading the feedbacks haha..
    i was thinking if i have something to get delivered, i will go to couriers directly and yes, i will go to the more popular couriers, unfortunately they will be more expensive.

    If you want to help smalller couriers to gain more business, i think you should get them to join your site, maybe later you can charge a small monthly fee to be listed on your site. People who needs courier will then choose the couriers listed in your website. Of course delivery price should be cheaper than the giants and quality of service must be there. wat happens if the delivery went wrong? The courier can be responsible, but your reputation is also at risk.

    #1027962
    SendSelect.com.au
    Member
    • Total posts: 30
    Up
    0
    ::
    cookiejoe, post: 33407 wrote:
    hi there,

    not sure if i am confused by now reading the feedbacks haha..
    i was thinking if i have something to get delivered, i will go to couriers directly and yes, i will go to the more popular couriers, unfortunately they will be more expensive.

    If you want to help smalller couriers to gain more business, i think you should get them to join your site, maybe later you can charge a small monthly fee to be listed on your site. People who needs courier will then choose the couriers listed in your website. Of course delivery price should be cheaper than the giants and quality of service must be there. wat happens if the delivery went wrong? The courier can be responsible, but your reputation is also at risk.

    The idea of our site is for transport companies to choose the customer rather than the other way. Allowing them to choose the jobs that sync well with their current workload.

    #1027963
    King
    Member
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up
    0
    ::

    well I have put in a job – realise it is early days and in fact the box has gone, but will have others.

    The process of lodgement was simple enough.

    Now the hard part, getting the transport guys to register for alerts! Are you focussing on couriers or larger operators who can take smaller stuff as well. From my experience, major courier co’s will stick to their published rates for one off’s.

    #1027964
    Steven Hudson
    Member
    • Total posts: 122
    Up
    0
    ::

    Warehouse Exchange is a simular concept matching spare warehouse capacity to those who need space, maybe you could talk with these guys and compare notes.

    Chris Yankos runs the deal and is a very smart cookie.

    http://www.w-e.com.au/

    #1027965
    SendSelect.com.au
    Member
    • Total posts: 30
    Up
    0
    ::
    King, post: 33712 wrote:
    well I have put in a job – realise it is early days and in fact the box has gone, but will have others.

    The process of lodgement was simple enough.

    Now the hard part, getting the transport guys to register for alerts! Are you focussing on couriers or larger operators who can take smaller stuff as well. From my experience, major courier co’s will stick to their published rates for one off’s.

    Thanks for putting the box down. I actually thought it was someone from development when I saw it I almost deleted it! Was very exited to see our first item once I relised.

    At the moment we are working very hard to further streamline the process and iron out a few small issues.

    I want to mainly target small to medium size courier companies. This is because smaller companies do not have the volume to maximise their efficiency with their current deliveries. This is where our site comes in

    Kind Regards

    Ben Douglas

    Current%20Logo1%20copy.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.