Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Travel marketing?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    DarianCulbert
    • Total posts: 49
    Up
    ::

Hi my fellow soloists,

Just a quick question coming up from my mind! Does anyone here has ideas for marketing tours?
    My company offering tours in Halong Bay, Vietnam so not sure if you can have suggestion to market our products?

Hope I can get some ideas? ;-)

Darian

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

Hi Darian,

I haven’t checked your website, but are your tours in Vietnam, or do they include all the flights etc. from Australia?

If not, I would be targeting the independent travel agencies, and offering a commission for each cruise sold.

If you are looking to promote the cruises to individuals, you will have to invest quite a lot to turn into sales. You can possibly look at procuring a list of individuals that have previously cruised, or perhaps that have or are considering vietnam for a holiday. If you can get it, this would give you a great target audience to mail and/or call with your promotions.

Of course you then have all of your social media outlets that you should be using.

Hope this assists

DarianCulbert
    • Total posts: 49
    Up
    AgentMail, post: 121583 wrote:
    Hi Darian,

I haven’t checked your website, but are your tours in Vietnam, or do they include all the flights etc. from Australia?

If not, I would be targeting the independent travel agencies, and offering a commission for each cruise sold.

If you are looking to promote the cruises to individuals, you will have to invest quite a lot to turn into sales. You can possibly look at procuring a list of individuals that have previously cruised, or perhaps that have or are considering vietnam for a holiday. If you can get it, this would give you a great target audience to mail and/or call with your promotions.

Of course you then have all of your social media outlets that you should be using.

Hope this assists

Thank you very much for your helpful advice!
    Do you know where I can find independent travel agencies please?

travelmaster
    • Total posts: 200
    Up

A travel agent, independent or not would very very rarely go directly to a supplier to book a product.
    For a number of reasons;
    – it’s an unknown quantity
    – payments procedures
    – loyalty to regular suppliers who you know will be there when you need them
    – commissions arrangements

There are probably a few more I can not think of right now.

Also, there is practically no such thing as an independednt TA – most are aligned with one large group or another simply for the buying power of the group.

There is one other thing why TAs don’t like /trust dealing with suppliers directly. It’s because of the many times they’ve had their fingers burned when the supplier started dealing directly with the public.
    Nothing wrong with that but you can’t have it both ways.
    It’s either you support the TAs who support you or you deal direct with the
    public. Both have pros and cons you need to consider.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.