Home – New Forums Other discussions Trends for 2010

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Astrid
    • Total posts: 459
    Up
    ::

I just received the following list with one of my newsletters:
    http://trendwatching.com/trends/10trends2010/

Interesting read, same as this:
    http://springwise.com/businessideas2010/

I’m looking forward to seeing what’s going to happen over the next 1-5 years. How society around technology will change.

Santa brought me a book that’s still on the bestseller list in Germany, it’s called “Payback” by Frank Schirrmacher:
    http://blog.amazee.com/humans-dont-crash/

I’m curious to see if the author says something new there or if it’s just all “painting black”.

Happy New Year to everyone on FS.

JohnSheppard
    • Total posts: 940
    Up

I predict;

– Madness in the general populace caused by twitter overload
    – Overall work output running at 20% capacity due to blog overload
    – More Ecommerce shops!!! How could you possibly lose?
    – People will communicate via a web browser with AJAX! Even when it makes completely no sense to do so!
    – Power prices to keep going up ;)

– Same again, it’ll just be a different bunch of people :)

peppie
    • Total posts: 525
    Up

One thing it is possible to predict about predictions about the future – is that it is almost impossible to predict the future with any real accuracy!

Just look at past prediction examples to prove that. All we may be able to do is to make an educated guess!!!!!

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

OK the trend for 2010.

If its not wet then it will be dry
    It will be hot if its not cold
    We will either make money or we wont

and Im sure there are many more intelligent predictions, but after having a very long lunch………….who cares!!!!

Astrid
    Up

I’m not sure if you can call a trend a prediction. Isn’t a trend something that can already be noticed if you look closely or a result of surveys? And isn’t that necessary if you want to plan ahead?
    Ask Faith Popcorn, the “old” lady of trend sourcing :)

JohnSheppard
    • Total posts: 940
    Up
    Astrid, post: 22978 wrote:
    I’m not sure if you can call a trend a prediction. Isn’t a trend something that can already be noticed if you look closely or a result of surveys? And isn’t that necessary if you want to plan ahead?
    Ask Faith Popcorn, the “old” lady of trend sourcing :)

I’m just having a whinge here, but the thread title did say 2010, its only 6 days old! :)

Depends how long trends last as to weather they’re useful for planning ahead.

Astrid
    Up

uhhh *scratchmyhead*
    Tricky English language …. trends.. predictions …

(but the title also says trends “for” not “of” – *smartassmodeoff*)

Anyway, I still think that while watching people and collecting information one can possibly work out some ‘trends’ … eg: I just read somewhere that the boyscout movement has been on the rise in Australia over the last months (forgot where I read it) – I’m sure there is someone out there who could use that bit of info for his business.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Astrid,
    I read the Springwise and Trendwatching lists this morning too. It is fascinating stuff!

Thanks for posting,
    Jayne

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

Yep there is an international jamboru…….camp /BBQ no showers

Gordon Akman
    • Total posts: 229
    Up

Personal debt problems that came to prominence in the US in late 2008 and throughout other major developed countries through 2009 to continue.

More equity raisings by publicly listed companies with too much debt to continue. A rise in Large private companies publicly listing to raise capital to fix their debt ratios.

A stabilization and modest improvement in company profits.

Share markets to experience a significant ‘double dip’ after last year’s gains (my guess in the second or third quarter).

Gold to reach $1400 per ounce when the ‘double dip’ occurs in stock markets.

Energy prices to continue to rise.

Business and Communication Technology products to continue to make the need to spend more than a few hours in an office a day redundant (unless you are a poor C class executive who is really just a white collar laborer).

And on a personal note, I will be continuing the trend of working less and enjoying life by flying solo. W00t!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.