Home – New Forums Starting your journey Turning Domestic Kitchen to Commercial Kitchen, any experience?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cassiebee
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone has any experience in getting their domestic kitchen approved as a commercial kitchen for a food, home based business.
    I am in NSW, Coffs Harbour area. I have read through standard 3.2.3 but am still very unclear as to what will be expected from me. I have so many questions such as my kitchen is attached to my living room in an open plan set up, is that ok? Do I need a commercial refrigerator or is a big, well functioning domestic one ok? s my domestic dishwasher ok? Are the floorboards adequate flooring? Just a whole heap of these kinds of questions.

Any suggestions or personal experiences would be very much appreciated.

Thank you 🙂 Cassie

• This topic was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by cassiebee.
    HenryM
    Participant
    Up

Contact your local council EHO (Environmental Health Officer). For small cooking quantities products like jams, cakes, biscuits it usually ok. Not fr cooking commercial quantities of food. You may also need to contact your water authority to see if you need a grease interceptor installed or not ( this removes much of the rubbish you put through the drain and will need to be emptied and cleaned on a regular basis if you need it installed). Otherwise, there are usually commercially registered kitchens in most areas that you can rent by the hour.
    I hope this helps good luck.
    HenryM

Henry M
    Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,321
    Up

Hi And Welcome to Flying Solo @cassiebee It is great to have you!

Thank you for joining our community and posting.

Cheers
    Paul

Heathcliff
    Participant
    Up

Use the best quality of products you can find. This is not just to get work through the door, but to maintain the standards of your work. You will not want to use something cheap and nasty on your customers’ equipment, as it will reflect badly on your company. Get the best quality products that you can afford, and then use them accordingly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.