Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Turning enquiries into bookings/sales

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    jentre
    • Total posts: 16
    Up
    ::

Just after some advice from more experienced people out there: what works best for you in turning enquiries into sales?

The advertising that I’m doing seems to be working as I am getting enquiries but I cant seem to convert them into bookings. I’ve looked at similar businesses and my pricing is mid-low range, I honestly feel that I’m good at what I do, I have both email and phone contact details in all adds and believe that I am approachable – my people skills are pretty good.

So if anyone can offer some suggestions as to what works for them to convert enquiries, I’m open to trying just about anything.

Many thanks,
    Jen

T J Madigan
    • Total posts: 255
    Up

Can we see some examples of your advertising?

jentre
    Up
    T J Madigan, post: 118151 wrote:
    Can we see some examples of your advertising?

Below are links to two online sites we advertise on. I also have similar ads on a few other sites including free ones such as our local council’s business directory, True Local and gumtree.

http://www.serviceseeking.com.au/profile/57250-treloar-creations

http://www.easyweddings.com.au/WeddingPhotography/Melbourne/TreloarCreations/

When I get an enquiry, I reply via email or phone if a number is included within 24 hours. Personally I dont like too many follow up calls from businesses, so I try to limit these, generally sending a follow up email/SMS after 1-2 weeks from the initial enquiry.

Thanks again.

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

If you’re already getting plenty of enquiries then I wouldn’t change anything just yet, but I would get your ABN to Service Seeking now…the warning on their site would set off alarm bells for me.

And I’d be calling enquiries back as a follow up within 2-3 days, not weeks. You need to speak to them again while you’re still fresh in their minds.

Wendy :)

T J Madigan
    Up

Hi Jen,

The serviceseeking.com.au leads. Even though potential clients have contacted you, you are still having to compete against quotes submitted to the prospects from other photographers. To benefit from serviceseeking.com.au you are going to have to offer something that clearly differentiates your business from all the others that contact them in order to stand out from the crowd.

With your wedding prospects, are you trying to close the sale over the phone or merely setting an appointment to meet with them?

jentre
    Up

Thanks Wendy & TJ.

Firstly, I have given the ABN to Service Seeking, they have a verification system you have to go through before they remove that warning. I’ll get onto that.

I’ll start making follow up calls sooner than I have been.

I have been trying to get the booking over the phone in the initial contact, where that doesn’t work I definately try to book an appointment to discuss further.

Very much appreciate your suggestions and advise.

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

Conversions increase up to 21X if you follow up within 5 minutes. Try it and see for yourself.

spend more time asking questions to see if there is a fit. don’t chase the sale.

T J Madigan
    Up
    jentre, post: 118300 wrote:
    Thanks Wendy & TJ.

Firstly, I have given the ABN to Service Seeking, they have a verification system you have to go through before they remove that warning. I’ll get onto that.

I’ll start making follow up calls sooner than I have been.

I have been trying to get the booking over the phone in the initial contact, where that doesn’t work I definately try to book an appointment to discuss further.

Very much appreciate your suggestions and advise.

Years ago I was a videographer. When people called me for weddings I never tried to close them over the phone. I always simply made an appointment to go and see them. After meeting the prospects and showcasing some of my best work, answering any questions they may have, sharing new ideas that they may not have thought of in relaxed and friendly manner, it was very rare that they didn’t convert to a client.

Wedding clients are very emotional. Quite often the couple will choose the photographer not because of price but because they feel comfortable dealing with them.

jentre
    Up

Makes sense TJ – I’ll try that and see how we go. And thanks Khalid, I plan on following up enquiries much sooner than I have been.

Many thanks to you all for your advise.

Ivert
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

Hey Jentre, hope you are well. If your advertising is getting enquiries, it means your copy is working. However, your delivery or frontline person involved is failing. Learn to understand how does human emotion work and what it takes to tip someone over to buy. People buy with emotions and justify with logic.
    Hope it helps.
    Cheers, Trevi

jentre, post: 118150 wrote:
    Just after some advice from more experienced people out there: what works best for you in turning enquiries into sales?

The advertising that I’m doing seems to be working as I am getting enquiries but I cant seem to convert them into bookings. I’ve looked at similar businesses and my pricing is mid-low range, I honestly feel that I’m good at what I do, I have both email and phone contact details in all adds and believe that I am approachable – my people skills are pretty good.

So if anyone can offer some suggestions as to what works for them to convert enquiries, I’m open to trying just about anything.

Many thanks,
    Jen

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up
    jentre, post: 118150 wrote:

Many thanks,
    Jen

Hi Jen

Great question!

I have some questions for you that might help with your situation (btw, I have 20 years experience in sales).

1. who are you attracting from your ads. Are they right in your profile customer?
    2. why is your pricing low? are you underselling your products/services? why?
    3. why aren’t they making a booking? what occurs in the conversation you have?
    4. what problem are you solving for them?

BTW, as business owners, we don’t want traffic. We want the RIGHT traffic. Quality over quantity.

I suspect there are several things that aren’t in alignment. A couple of tweaks here and there should make a difference.

Jenny

Blp_Sales
    • Total posts: 31
    Up

Good Evening Jen,

Jenny makes some exceptional points below, and if you can answer those 4 questions, then you will go a long way towards solving your problems.

I have a lot of experience in sales, and would suggest you focus on point 4, what are the customers pain points and how can you help?

Ben

Jenny Spring, post: 162111 wrote:
    Hi Jen

Great question!

I have some questions for you that might help with your situation (btw, I have 20 years experience in sales).

1. who are you attracting from your ads. Are they right in your profile customer?
    2. why is your pricing low? are you underselling your products/services? why?
    3. why aren’t they making a booking? what occurs in the conversation you have?
    4. what problem are you solving for them?

BTW, as business owners, we don’t want traffic. We want the RIGHT traffic. Quality over quantity.

I suspect there are several things that aren’t in alignment. A couple of tweaks here and there should make a difference.

Jenny

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Trevi, Jenny and Ben,

This thread is nearly a year old, so I suspect that Jen well and truly has it sorted by now!

Cheers,
    Jayne

Têejâa
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

Hey Jentre,

I would have to agree. Going back to my wedding, we chose a cheap deal and if I knew what I know now I would have spent the extra dollar. However it is indeed very true that the vast majority of consumers buy emotionally rather than logically.

Try and emphasize to them on the phone that meeting you is essential. Try not to be pushy however as that will drive them away. Customers buy the salesperson not just the product.

I struggled for my first couple of years in retail because I believed that customers were only buying the product. In fact I sell more now by talking less. Try and get them into you office, sit down with a coffee or a tea maybe some nibbles and just let them talk. Let them imagine their day and you being apart of it.

Cheers
    Têejâa

Training-iBTIKAR
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

Hi

I think an important factor to consider is that, with business prospects, you don’t sell to them – they buy from you.

The fact that we get an enquiry shows that someone, somewhere has a perceived ‘problem’ that needs fixing. We need to identify and empathise with the problem first of all; then become a solutions saviour.

Many salespeople will just rattle off everything in their armoury, in the hope of something hitting the bullseye. Far better to get the prospect, by gentle open questioning, to tell you how to make the sale. Use the LIES technique (and I don’t mean tell fibs!):

L – listen
    I – identify
    E – empathise
    S – solve

Also, always reply to enquiries ASAP – strike whilst the iron’s red hot.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.