Home – New Forums Starting your journey Turning my hobby into a business, and importing and reselling of kidswear.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    favoloso
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

As a full time Mum, I am struggling to meet my current working hours. So have decided to enter the small business world. I have recently amped up my hobby in producing many handmade childrens goods. It is with great excitement that i have decided to try and turn thia into a business. I am wanting to import childrens wear from multiple companies in China (mainly thru aliexpress.com and dhgate.com). Ive ordered many samples, done alot of research and homework, i am very confident in the art of marketing, i just dont know wherr yo start. I am searching for some advice on where to even begin. What licensed and registrations i may need. What are the do’s and dont’s of importing and reselling online. How do i know if or when i need permission to resell certain items? What are the restrictions or are there any being based in South Australia. Any comments and feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    ::

Hi there favoloso, and welcome :)

This thread contains links to lots of the questions you’ve got in mind, and also includes links to some resources especially for start up clothing businesses: http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/index.php?threads/starting-a-business-please-read-this-before-posting.14182/.

I think you’ll find it really helpful, but please feel free to ask more questions too :)

All the best for your new business,
    Jayne

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.