Home Forums New here? Share your story Tutor in trouble…!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    doc maher
    • Total posts: 2

Hi all. I have recently retired after over 40 years as a secondary teacher. I loved teaching and would like to tutor a few students a week to supplement my income and keep my hand in. In really unsure about how to ensure I start up in terms of my legal and tax responsibilities. Any help would be gratefully received:)

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485

go to your state government’s small business website. Best resource around for start up’s, its free and you get better advise then on a forum (oops maybe this advise is no good that I am giving you),

Then go and discuss with your invisible accountant and a lawyer if need be.

Plus as you are thinking of educating consult the local education department to ensure you are teaching to the current standards and curriculum,

Dave – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 2,541

I guess you’ll need an ABN, Blue Card, and if it’s causing you any worry at all the money spent to see an accountant will be well worth it. This is just admin, so I’d say make an appointment to get it sorted and move on to building your business and your skills :)

Dave

doc maher
    • Total posts: 2
    Dave – FS Concierge, post: 268563, member: 49676 wrote:
    I guess you’ll need an ABN, Blue Card, and if it’s causing you any worry at all the money spent to see an accountant will be well worth it. This is just admin, so I’d say make an appointment to get it sorted and move on to building your business and your skills :)

Dave
    Thanks Dave.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.