Home – New Forums Tech talk Twitter

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    The Modern Bookkeeper
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

I’ve made the leap into Twitter:) @kaz_boyle

Any tips, hints? What do you use twitter for? Fun, business or both??

SuzsSpace
    Participant
    • Total posts: 692
    Up

I use Twitter for a bit of everything but I bear in mind my brand with every word I say. I’m @SuzsSpace if you want to connect but be warned sometimes it gets a little crazy.

tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up
    BIBB, post: 127533 wrote:
    I’ve made the leap into Twitter:) @kaz_boyle

Any tips, hints? What do you use twitter for? Fun, business or both??

Twitter is the same as any other social networking platform. Connect with others before selling. Develop a common ground. Similar interests in sport, music, literature, etc.

AGMBris
    • Total posts: 319
    Up

Hi

Yes we tend to find a mix of both but mainly concentrating on providing information on your industry, tips, hints, up to date news and changes/trends.

Good luck.

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

I love twitter!

If you are fun and exciting, interesting and relevant – you will rock the Twittersphere.

Great for keeping up with the business world both nationally and internationally.

Love it for business to business relationships.

Personal: @LeahKlugt
    Business: @GoldenGooseAU

Hope to see you on there! :)

STREAMDATA
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

Follow what your are interested in. I get most of my industry related new through Twitter.

Enjoy!

davdee
    • Total posts: 29
    Up

While twitter can be useful, it can suck up a lot of time.
    I set a todo item to look at twitter (actually Hootsuite) on a wednesday only and I try not to browse at other times.

Snakeman
    Participant
    • Total posts: 329
    Up

We use twitter and find it of little benefit. People I know in business who use it a lot find it takes time and the returns are dubious – a bit like facebook.
    It is perhaps best as a tool for alerting your competitors what you are up to as they are the only ones who monitor your sites regularly.
    In our case we can use it to warn others not to use our IP.
    In terms of the web, nothing beats having a website and good SEO.
    Unfortunately it is very cut throat and SEO also takes a lot of time!
    All the best

The Modern Bookkeeper
    Up
    TheGoldenGoose, post: 127586 wrote:
    I love twitter!

If you are fun and exciting, interesting and relevant – you will rock the Twittersphere.

Great for keeping up with the business world both nationally and internationally.

Love it for business to business relationships.

Personal: @LeahKlugt
    Business: @GoldenGooseAU

Hope to see you on there! :)

Well of course I’m fun and exciting, interesting and relevant – I’m a bookkeeper ;)

The Modern Bookkeeper
    Up

Thanks Everyone :)

Mrs Fox
    • Total posts: 81
    Up

If you’re serious about social media marketing, you may want to use free social media analytics to know how your contacts are connected with one another. I’ve noticed this is becoming a trend, especially for those who want to search tweets for certain keywords to qualify leads.

websitedesigner
    • Total posts: 917
    Up

Twitter has always been one of my biggest traffic referrers. If you are putting out a lot of content then it’s a must. For my app site it’s my biggest referrer at the moment even bigger than Google. For my podcast site, it’s my 3rd biggest referrer.

It’s also a very good way to start building relationships with other influencers, it’s the main place I start for that sort of thing.

bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up

I love Twitter, it’s been great for my business and it helps beat the loneliness that comes from working home alone.

You may be interested in my Twitter for Business ebook :)

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up
    bridiej, post: 128474 wrote:
    I love Twitter, it’s been great for my business and it helps beat the loneliness that comes from working home alone.

You may be interested in my Twitter for Business ebook :)

Thanks for the link, have started reading your book, going to save me a lot of time coming to grips with Twitter, I generally avoid social media, in fact I don’t have a Facebook page and definitely won’t be getting one (have tried it but definitely didn’t get it) but I’ve found Twitter works brilliantly as a search engine to get to the leading edge info and links to anything that interests me, often in preference to a Google search … after your book I’ll find even better uses I’m sure.

Cheers

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.