Home – New Forums Starting your journey Twitter – is anyone else sick of having to censor yourself?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    LeelaCosgrove
    • Total posts: 634
    Up
    ::

Dan,

It’s EXACTLY the same thing.

It’s a list of people who are interested in you and your business who want to hear what you have to say about stuff.

Then they buy a whole load of stuff from you.

It’s freaking awesome.

I heart social media.

LeelaCosgrove
    Up

Kosta – If you want more followers, Mr Tweet is your friend. He’ll give you a list of awesome people who are like the people you’re already following.

http://mrtweet.com/home

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Then they buy a whole load of stuff from you.

yeah….it’s all so easy!

LeelaCosgrove
    Up

Dude – it’s not that easy to sell to your database, either.

You have to build trust and value … and that takes time. Ongoing work.

If it was easy, everyone would be in business for themselves and all of those in business would be making millions of dollars.

Twitter is just another source of lead generation – another database that allows you to interact with your clients in a public setting where everyone can see. That can be a double edged sword … when it’s good, it works really, really well. When it’s bad, the whole world can see it.

But these days with the net, that’s the case anyway. When people don’t have a great experience with you, it WILL be on Twitter and Facebook … it’s a good idea at the very least to be monitoring so you’ve got right of reply.

THE SALES WARLORD
    • Total posts: 141
    Up

Dan,

Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t – you’re right.

DON’T come on facebook and make thousands of dollars a week by connecting to people who LOVE who you are and what you do in your business!

DON’T develop a personal friendly honest relationship with 500 of your closest admirers so they want to come to all your events and buy your products and services.

It will never work in YOUR industry.

WHY?

Because you think so.

Can you see how you’re limiting your own ability to make $$$?

Can you?

I mean no skin off our nose if you can’t dude, we are only trying to help!

Enjoy not taking advantage of the biggest money making database growing tools around and let me know how your business is in the next couple of years!

Enjoy the view from 2005, I hope you like it there, cos 2010 is going to be a million dollar social media year for us – and you sure don’t want part of that action lolz

Kosta_Kondratenko
    • Total posts: 108
    Up

I cosign with the Sales Warlord. In saying that Twitter, Facebook and all of social media won’t save you if you don’t have a good product and people don’t like you.

LeelaCosgrove
    Up

True Kosta … I was just thinking … if you weren’t as awesome as us then Twitter and Facebook could actually do you damage.

If people don’t generally like you, you might be better off steering clear of social media altogether … it only works if you’re capable of being really nice and making lots of friends quickly …

THE SALES WARLORD
    Up

We were just saying this afternoon about a number of insipid personalities we know who spam FB with business links and have no conversations, that if they DID change strategy and start being the real them they would be in deep shit.

Because people would see who they are and perhaps that would damage them…

But when I think about it one mans meat is another man’s poison – they would probably find a niche of people who are just as colorless and insipid as them, who COULD become fanatically devoted to them, and they could all go be boring in the same place instead of bringing down the tone in fun rooms like our events!

I think we OWE it to EVERYONE to be who we are on social media.

Because all this guarded shit is just DISHONEST.

I wouldn’t do anything on social media that I would be ashamed of seeing on the news?

Would you?

Jill
    • Total posts: 102
    Up

Kosta,
    If you feel you need to censor yourself, go for a personal blog under another name. Say what you like.

Then, if you have time for twitter dribble, and feel the networking benefits might outweigh the time invested, keep it purely business and professional.

LeelaCosgrove
    Up
    Jill, post: 21786 wrote:
    Then, if you have time for twitter dribble, and feel the networking benefits might outweigh the time invested, keep it purely business and professional.

Therein lies the problem … people don’t make money on Twitter by being purely business and professional … they try that, make no money, then talk about how it doesn’t work.

It’s a new world.

People don’t want to do business with others because they are “purely business and professional” – they want to do business with people they like.

The people who inject their personalities into what they are doing are the ones who are making money – pure and simple.

THE SALES WARLORD
    Up

Facebook is cool.

Anonymous
    Up

Can people stop calling me dude.

Kosta_Kondratenko
    Up

Dan, what do you do for a crust if you don’t mind me asking?

Anonymous
    Up
    KostaKondra, post: 21807 wrote:
    Dan, what do you do for a crust if you don’t mind me asking?
    Designer.
    Kosta_Kondratenko
    Up

Designer of what specifically?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.