Home – New Forums Starting your journey Twitter – is anyone else sick of having to censor yourself?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    THE SALES WARLORD
    • Total posts: 141
    Up
    ::

Dude free habitats?

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    KostaKondra, post: 21812 wrote:
    Designer of what specifically?

print, web, multimedia.

Kosta_Kondratenko
    • Total posts: 108
    Up

Sales Wizard – be quiet. Why are you egging on Dan? He has done nothing to you. he doesn’t like Twitter or whatever it is you like he has a right to his opinion. Are you one of these people that when someone tells you to stop doing something you keep doing it to annoy them and you think you’re funny?

Now kiss Dan’s feet.

petercrocker
    • Total posts: 77
    Up

Lively thread!!

Just on the Kutcher/celebrity/Twitter discussion I was just tonight reading very interesting take on his big plans for it all…

Mr. Social: Ashton Kutcher Plans to Be the Next New-Media Mogul

Apparantly “Some 3.9 million people follow Kutcher on Twitter (@aplusk), and he has nearly 3.3 million Facebook fans.”

Jill
    • Total posts: 102
    Up

I was going to keep it to myself, but I thought no, its Christmas, share the love Jill.

LeelaCosgrove, post: 21787 wrote:
    Therein lies the problem … people don’t make money on Twitter by being purely business and professional … they try that, make no money, then talk about how it doesn’t work.

That’s just complete bullsh#te. I dont use twitter, I have no need personally or professionally, but I actually KNOW people who use it professionally, for business, AND it makes them a heap of money (and no, I’m not about to tell you how).

It’s a new world.

Gee, and where would the Twitterites that now rely on tweet feeds to generate business, have been a few years ago? Sounds like anyone with no skills, but with Twitter “friends” can make a buck now? Good luck to them.

People don’t want to do business with others because they are “purely business and professional” – they want to do business with people they like..

Pfft more bullsh#te. What a lot o crock.

The people who inject their personalities into what they are doing are the ones who are making money – pure and simple.

Pffft as above.

I have nothing against people who use Twitter, each to their own, but those comments are just unnnnbelievable.

LeelaCosgrove
    • Total posts: 634
    Up

Lol.

I don’t need you to tell me how, darl. I’m good on that front.

It’s “bullshit” and unbelievable that people want to do business with people they like??

Really??

You think business is about something other than people?

Okay then.

THAT’S the most unbelievable thing that I’ve ever heard. I mean, I’ve had a lot of people argue marketing points with me – but I’ve never had anyone argue that it’s “bullshit” that people want to do business with people they like.

The people who are doing well on Twitter now are networkers. Where were we before Twitter? Networking. Still are.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

LOL… merry xmas Jill. ;)

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    LeelaCosgrove, post: 21747 wrote:
    Lolz.

And I make a LOT of money from Twitter.

Well done, if it works… but it is not easy

Kosta_Kondratenko
    Up

Wow when I created this thread simply asking if I should censor myself on Twitter I created a monster. It was not my intention I will address some points made however will mention no names in particular.

-People only do business with people they like
    This is not true. Business people want results not friends. I have enough friends and didn’t get into business to have bumchums. In saying that having a best friend as a business partner is a dream come true (and I have this on one of my ventures) however it’s not a necessity. What’s more important is that people you work with are punctual, hard workers, go out of their way to do the work (a godsend if you can find it). In the end I’ll put it down to this, if you do what you say you’re going to do I like you, whether or not you have a Twitter account :).

– People don’t want to do business with others because they are “purely business and professional”
    Well this is where you have to define what is business and professional. After encountering my fair share of con men and blow hards in $5000 ‘business’ suits I may have a different definition from you. I’m going to say something controversial, and please correct me if you disagree, but you can be wearing a clown suit riding around on roller skates if I know that you create results I could not give a fcuk (great clothing label to check out, I will be mentioning it many times on this forum).

Anyway I’m over it. Who cares.

Use Twitter or don’t use Twitter. Get over it and let’s move on.

Good night.

MatthewKeath
    Up
    KostaKondra, post: 21862 wrote:
    but you can be wearing a clown suit riding around on roller skates

I doubt he was wearing a clown suit the day if met his first prospective client

Kosta_Kondratenko
    Up

Yeah you’re right. I threw out some guys that came to my house yesterday, they were wearing a T-Shirt and jeans talking about some company they had called Google.

I told them to go put on a suit before they approached me. Can you imagine the gall these young ones have these days? God. Disgusting.

Then one of them dresses up as a woman: http://thenextweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/sergeybringoogle.jpg .

Well they’ll learn to get their act together, I’m going to go Google them…. wait… Google…. they… wow they own…. Google. But…. they….. I don’t understand.

Bottom point: you don’t have to wear a business suit to get things done
    Bottom point 2: especially in Australia where it’s 42 degrees. Seriously just stop, it’s embarassing and no one is impressed.
    Bottom point 3: please don’t reply to this. Just KILL THE TOPIC. Let’s talk about something to do with real business.

MatthewKeath
    Up

LOL, that is the funnest thing I have read today. Give me a call when you own Google.

MatthewKeath
    Up
    petercrocker, post: 21838 wrote:
    Lively thread!!
    Mr. Social: Ashton Kutcher Plans to Be the Next New-Media Mogul

That’s a good idea, his acting was terrible!

mybusinesshelp
    • Total posts: 128
    Up

Leela – love it!

LeelaCosgrove, post: 21751 wrote:
    Yes Dan, you’re right.

Collecting “friends” is totally sad.

So is collecting people on your database.

How LAME!

And you know … it’s way more important to be cool than to make money! Cause that’s why we’re in business. To look cool.

LeelaCosgrove
    • Total posts: 634
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 21861 wrote:
    Well done, if it works… but it is not easy

Of course it’s not … but it’s not “easy” to make money from any database you haven’t warmed.

It takes time.

I started using Twitter and Facebook seriously for business around March – now it IS easy … but only because I put the time in …

Same with your database. If you haven’t spoken to them before you’re not going to do well. But if you put in the time – send out communications, add value, interact with them – you’ll make money.

It’s a simple equation, but I agree not “easy” – if this whole business malarkey was easy we’d all be sipping mojitos by the pool.

Mmmmm…

Mojitos …

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.