Home – New Forums Starting your journey Twitter – is anyone else sick of having to censor yourself?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Jill
    • Total posts: 102
    Up
    ::
    LeelaCosgrove, post: 21848 wrote:
    Lol.

I don’t need you to tell me how, darl. I’m good on that front.

It’s “bullshit” and unbelievable that people want to do business with people they like??

Really??

You think business is about something other than people?

Okay then.

THAT’S the most unbelievable thing that I’ve ever heard. I mean, I’ve had a lot of people argue marketing points with me – but I’ve never had anyone argue that it’s “bullshit” that people want to do business with people they like.

The people who are doing well on Twitter now are networkers. Where were we before Twitter? Networking. Still are.

Leela Leela Leela,
    Have you been partaking in a little too much Christmas cheer? Or have you been living in your new world of twitterland too long and have trouble digesting conversations of more than 140 characters long?
    If you go back and read what I “said” (try reading slower maybe, or just take one sentence at a time, go have a lie down and come back for the rest), and if you then wish to quote on what I’ve actually said, not your fluffed up, twisted version of what you think “I’m saying”, then I might comment on your comments.

But oh wait, let me check my GAF meter…

Free tip – to “Quote” someone correctly, try using the handy little Quote/Reply button.

Merry Christmas everyone :)

Kosta, loving your posts!

LeelaCosgrove
    • Total posts: 634
    Up

I’m sorry … you said bullsh#te not bullshit.

Because those are TOTALLY different things.

I notice, of course, that you can’t fault my argument. Only that I used the word you were thinking and didn’t have the guts to actually say …

I think I see why you don’t you like Twitter.

Some people are better off not interacting with the public.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

They love to talk so much, that they forget to listen.

LeelaCosgrove
    Up

You know what Dan – I’d love you to post a link to your “business”. You realise, right, this is a forum for BUSINESS people? Not for employees who could do the bosses job better?

Anonymous
    Up
    LeelaCosgrove, post: 21940 wrote:
    You know what Dan – I’d love you to post a link to your “business”. You realise, right, this is a forum for BUSINESS people? Not for employees who could do the bosses job better?
    And I ‘d love for you to be less rude, less arrogant, less aggressive. You realise this is a forum with PEOPLE in it?
    LeelaCosgrove
    Up
    dan, post: 21943 wrote:
    And I ‘d love for you to be less rude, less arrogant, less aggressive. You realise this is a forum with PEOPLE in it?

A – LOL. I’m rude, arrogant and aggressive?? Have you read your own posts?

B – Yes. Business People. You’re in here spreading around negativity and being generally mean … and I suspect you don’t even have a business. Hows about you go back to work and leave the business talk to the grown ups. Trolling is the passtime of lame-arses.

Heidi Price
    • Total posts: 218
    Up

*wipes away tears of laughter*

Oh good lawd – this reminds me of a certain young person I know

Him: “I don’t like it, I won’t eat it”

Me: “You won’t know until you try it, and your tastes can change over time”

Him: “But I decided I don’t want to like it”

And that is what it all comes down to.

Social networking will not work for you if have a mindset of resistance.

Personally, I keep my business and personal tweets & FB updates in different accounts. But it’s usually through the personal accounts that I find the most opportunities.

Heidi

THE SALES WARLORD
    • Total posts: 141
    Up

LOL People are so funny!

“I fully recognize that don’t know what I am talking about but I am going to post PAGES about how you are wrong and insult you even though you make thousands a week on social media and I don’t”

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Love it.

THE SALES WARLORD
    • Total posts: 141
    Up
    dan, post: 21938 wrote:
    They love to talk so much, that they forget to listen.

We aren’t trying to sell you on this, we are trying to help people like you Dan, and I don’t need to “listen to you” any more to know what your problems are you’ve made them abundantly clear.

You haven’t spent 3 years and over 100k on marketing and sales education Dan, or you wouldn’t be arguing with us.

You haven’t made hundreds of thousands even millions in a year, and if you wanted to YOU WOULD be listening to us.

But you aren’t.

So do we want to listen to you?

Or Jill?

Who have nothing of value to offer, only insults?

You seem quite happy to lead others who have less experience astray with negative ignorant uneducated “opinions”.

I listen to prospects, I listen to clients, I listen to colleagues, I listen to a lot of people.

I don’t listen to anonymous trolls who don’t even have the balls to post their business details on here.

I tolerate you, I try and help you, I despair that it is too late for you.

YOU aren’t listening, because you don’t like what you hear, and you will continue to languish in that unhappy place until your pain becomes SO unbearable that you open your mind.

Your behavior is indicative of a LOT of learning yet to do, so why should I listening to you?

So you can neg me out and drag me down to your level?

I take the time to argue with you like a black belt takes the time to do the basics with a white belt, to give back a little, but you aren’t accepting the gift.

Merry xmas anyway.

Adam Randall
    • Total posts: 382
    Up

There is a bit of a backlash on some of the social networking tools out there just as I am sure there was a backlash when people started using the wheel, electricity and the motor car.

People distrust what they do not understand.

Ultimately getting focused on the tool instead of the underlying strategy is a little bit pointless.

Its all marketing, saying twitter is stupid is like saying letter box drops are stupid, networking events are stupid, TV advertising is stupid.

Its all marketing, its sole purpose is to get a message out to a specific group of people, no more and no less.

As far as the OP is concerned, yes censoring yourself is smart. We all wear different masks depending on the circumstances, a big part of communication is ensuring we put ourselves in the other persons shoes & to ensure what we say does not offend or anger others.

Of course the risk there is that you end up a Ned Flanders who is boring.

Still its quite well known that if you bag the crap out of someone or some company on line, there is a much higher chance of it ranking highly on Google.

I bet this thread goes to number 1 on a range of subjects……..

Anonymous
    Up
    THE SALES WARLORD, post: 21954 wrote:
    You haven’t spent 3 years and over 100k on marketing and sales education Dan,

lol… have I now. Well that’s news to me.

LeelaCosgrove
    Up

No, Dan.

You haven’t.

Because you clearly don’t know the first thing about marketing or sales.

But then – what’s the point in putting in that kind of time, money and effort when you’re not in business?

That’s it – I’m going to stop feeding the Troll.

LeelaCosgrove
    Up

Ohhhh … YAY! For the ignore button!

Adam Randall
    • Total posts: 382
    Up

Originally Posted by LeelaCosgrove
    People don’t want to do business with others because they are “purely business and professional” – they want to do business with people they like..

Jill, post: 21846 wrote:
    Quote: Pfft more bullsh#te. What a lot o crock..

I dont know about others here but my absolute number one rule is to only do business with people I like. Its one of the great benefits of running a business.

The very foundation of business is built on groups of people who like each other, always has and always will.

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up

Leela,

What time do you find the most responsive for “marketing messages” on twitter/facebook.

Admittedly I don’t use Twitter very much, because I don’t have the patience for it. But I’m always on Facebook, so I use my fan page on there to promote specials/products.

I just never know when is a good time to post that message, when’s going to get the best response. So I do it twice a day, but then worry about annoying people.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.