Home – New Forums Money matters Two businesses, advice on online accounting software

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    suzbe
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I am currently using MYOB AccountRight Plus (desktop) for my own business. My daughter has just recently started her own business and I really need to do her books online so we both can access them. Does anyone know if any of the online software packages Xero, Quickbooks, Saasu etc allow you to have two companies on the same package. I know with MYOB you need to purchase a whole new monthly package for a new business. My company is a Pty ltd and she will be a sole trader.
    Thank you in advance

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi there,

Welcome to Flying Solo!

Hopefully some of our accountants will be able to help with your query, but I’d guess that most will require a second account for a second business.

Best of luck, and we hope to see you around the forums. :)

Dave

RuthH
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

Hi Suzbe

QuickBooks (or Reckon Accounts) can have more that one company set up, but only one person can be logged in at a time under the one “licence”. You can purchase additional licences if it needs to be accessed by more than one person at a time. Currently the online version is $450 this will be changing as at 1/3 to $499.

I can help you set them up if this is the way you decide to go.

Regards
    Ruth

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Xero will give you a discount for any additional businesses you add, so it gets cheaper along the way.

You will notice a huge difference from MYOB but the convenience makes it worthwhile.

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

I believe SAASU supports multi-companies in one central login interface, but it is best to run your exact requirements past them to be sure.

Renuka
    • Total posts: 25
    Up
    suzbe, post: 208957 wrote:
    Hi all,

I am currently using MYOB AccountRight Plus (desktop) for my own business. My daughter has just recently started her own business and I really need to do her books online so we both can access them. Does anyone know if any of the online software packages Xero, Quickbooks, Saasu etc allow you to have two companies on the same package. I know with MYOB you need to purchase a whole new monthly package for a new business. My company is a Pty ltd and she will be a sole trader.
    Thank you in advance

In QuickBooks Online, each QBO company you create requires an additional subscription. However, if you add another company, you would receive 20% off the regular subscription price for the second company for the 1st year, and 30% off 3 or more companies for the first year.

Brad Turville
    Participant
    • Total posts: 55
    Up

Hey suzbe,

The short answer is no, but please don’t let a small small monthly subscription sway your option as Xero is going to change your life.

ShellysBookkeeping
    • Total posts: 89
    Up

Basically you will need a separate subscription for each company, but you can set them up with one login and switch between the 2 as required. This is the same for Xero or Quickbooks. Also Quickbooks and Reckon are no longer the same product. Multiple users can be logged in at the same time for QB and Xero.

Cheers Shelly

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.