Home – New Forums Other discussions Two negatives of working from home.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    AngelaGirl
    • Total posts: 330
    Up
    ::

Iek!! Ok, I get where you’re coming from now Mediaman.. it does sound extremely frustrating. Your original post didn’t mention the impact that it has on client deadlines which is a totally different situation altogether.

Glad to hear that the situation is improving though.

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up

Factor it into your daily timetable. You are your own boss and you know what time constraints you have. Ray had the right idea. I had 5 children at home in the early days of my business. I had to pick them up from school or run them to clubs, medical appointments, classes and all sorts of things. I simply blocked that time out in my diary and allowed for it when booking in work for clients. My husband worked away from home so there was no choice. But the reason I chose to start working from home was so I would be available to our girls when they had need.

I know lots of mothers of young babies who are running businesses from home too. They simply factor in the time they need to do regular activities with their babies, toddlers and children and work around it. You have the ability to do that – even with deadlines. You simply need to factor in the regular activities you will be called upon and work around those things.

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

Interestingly, you posted this thread two years ago about the very same thing.

“By changing nothing, nothing changes.” -Tony Robbins

Wendy :)

mediaman
    Participant
    • Total posts: 148
    Up
    Couple It, post: 121918 wrote:
    Interestingly, you posted this thread two years ago about the very same thing.

“By changing nothing, nothing changes.” -Tony Robbins

Wendy :)

Yes, but now at least I am out in our converted garage. I have a slightly larger “buffer zone” between me and the kids.

:)

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.