Home – New Forums Tech talk Um,, Um,, WooCommerce & Product Feed assistance if possible

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    ::

Hi Peeps,

Hoping someone out there can point me in the right direction regarding Product Feeds and WooCommerce.. up until this morning (10 minutes ago) i did not even know the term product feed (ok i am a dumb A$@ ;P) and now need to read up on it..

Can anyone point me in the right direction to read up on this? to learn a lil more?

Also, any WooCommerce peeps, is there a plug in that enables this? i found a google merchant one although its not for google that i am seeking..

Thanks and hope my request makes some sense to some peeps!

Cheers and thanks in advance

Jason ;)

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

To be honest, I have only had experience with the Google feed, as I have never had requests to incorporate any others.

What feed are you looking to get going?

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up

Hi Matthew,

Its one of the price comparison web sites that want a feeder.. they will accept xcel, although would prefer more automation if possible..

Other than that, i really dont understand what this is…

Sorry for being vague..

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Sorry, I wish I could help.

i would contact Woo and ask them. If you do, please update this thread as I am interested in the answer!

John Debrincat
    • Total posts: 963
    Up
    SimplyReplica, post: 163179 wrote:
    Hi Matthew,

Its one of the price comparison web sites that want a feeder.. they will accept xcel, although would prefer more automation if possible..

Other than that, i really dont understand what this is…

Sorry for being vague..

Jason

Hi Jason, I don’t know a lot about Woocommerce but I understand the data feeds. If you are talking about Shopping.com and Getprice for example then the files are very simple and very similar to the Google Merchant feed. So if you have access to the Google feed URL just download that file and it will have all the data that you need. Most of the price comparison sites will accept CSV or XML. For you CSV is probably easier as it can be created from Microsoft Excel. Ask the comparison company for an example CSV file (you can probably download it from their support system). Look at the column headings and you will see that they are similar to Google’s so it will be a copy and paste exercise. Save the file so it is accessible via a direct URL (Google docs, Dropbox or on your webserver) which you give to the price comparison company. They can fetch it daily and you can update it as you have changes.

May not be automated but will work pretty easily.

John

eWAY
    • Total posts: 524
    Up
    SimplyReplica, post: 163169 wrote:
    Hi Peeps,

Hoping someone out there can point me in the right direction regarding Product Feeds and WooCommerce.. up until this morning (10 minutes ago) i did not even know the term product feed (ok i am a dumb A$@ ;P) and now need to read up on it..

Can anyone point me in the right direction to read up on this? to learn a lil more?

Also, any WooCommerce peeps, is there a plug in that enables this? i found a google merchant one although its not for google that i am seeking..

Thanks and hope my request makes some sense to some peeps!

Cheers and thanks in advance

Jason ;)

Hi Jason,

As you’re using WordPress you’re more than likely using the YOAST SEO Plugin which can be used for creating XML SiteMaps.

I think this is where you would want to look for creating a products specific XML sitemap that could be imported in to various comparison sites.

YOAST updates itself automatically when you create a new product/page/post etc so it should update the feed automatically, or at least have an updated map when it is next imported.

Maclean

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up

Thanks John and Maclean.. will do a little more research.. will check out Yoast as well to see if that can be done.. might, in fact, cop the google plugin for feeds and see what its all about and replicate..

TY so much.. just another curve to learn :)

Cheers
    Jason

James
    Participant
    • Total posts: 268
    Up

Hi Jason,

From what I can tell there are no automatic product feeds available by default in WooCommerce.

Using the plugin you quoted (http://www.woothemes.com/products/google-product-feed/) you can automatically generate and distribute feeds for Google product search. That means once you have it set up, any price changes or new products will automatically be fed to Google and appear in the product search.

As for generating product feeds for other shopping comparison sites, your cheapest option is probably to export and submit them manually.

It looks like you would be able to generate a spreadsheet for all your products using this plugin – http://www.woothemes.com/products/product-csv-import-suite/. Check the specifications for submission to each comparison site, and then download the relevant data into a spreadsheet using the plugin. You will likely need to jump into Excel and manipulate it a little.

If you are familiar with Excel you should be able to set up a workbook so you can download a CSV from your store, copy it into the workbook, and automatically generate a sheet for each comparison site. Then you just need to save each sheet and submit them to the respective sites manually – maybe once a month depending on how often you update your store.

The other, much more expensive option, is to get someone to write a plugin for you that creates XML feeds for popular comparison sites. The cost would be horrible up-front, but if you were keen you could certainly list it as a premium plugin on the WooThemes site and make your money back over time.

pilkster
    • Total posts: 24
    Up

You could do worse than trying out this free plugin:

http://www.victorciobanu.com/free-woocommerce-product-feed-plugin/

Victor is a very helpful chap and would probably set it up for you and/or customise for a reasonable fee.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

I can help you get any product feed or csv or xml file into woocommerce!

Just shoot me a PM

Cheers

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.