Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Uni wants to work with Small Businesses, free Advertising advice

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    jkrahmalov
    • Total posts: 18
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I’m an Advertising Lecturer at the University of Western Sydney, and I ‘m putting the call out for another 15 small businesses who would like some free advertising advice (provided by a team of Advertising students, monitored by myself).

You must:
    – Be prepared to discuss the business with the students – who you are targeting, what you have tried, ideas, where you might want to take the business. If you are in Sydney, this would be a face-to-face interview, with follow up emails. If you live anywhere else, we will organise a conference call or Skype (then follow up emails).
    – Fill in a short 5min survey at the end of the exercise on the value of the students’ work

In return, the students will:
    – Research the market, trends, the competitors, analyse the current positioning of the site etc, and provide recommendations and a roadmap of free/low cost advertising ideas up to the value of $5,000, and relevant to your business. Please note – no creative work will be provided to the business.

This service is free and you are not required to provide the budget or implement any of the students’ suggestions. The semester runs for 12 weeks.

We have worked with all kinds of businesses over the past three years, from tradesmen and beauticians, to magicians, inventors and retail sites. As long as you sell to consumers (not to businesses), we would love to hear from you.

If you are interested, please send me an email as soon as possible to [email protected].

Kind regards
    Jacki Krahmalov

HBTRADE
    • Total posts: 125
    Up

I’d be interested in looking at it.

Students have to start somewhere…

HBTRADE
    • Total posts: 125
    Up

I’d be interested in looking at it.

Students have to start somewhere…

KathHocking
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

I have sent you an email,

Thanks

Kathryn

http://www.reveriecoaching.com

KathHocking
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

I have sent you an email,

Thanks

Kathryn

http://www.reveriecoaching.com

Krisy
    • Total posts: 65
    Up

Hi Jacki,

Does it have to be an existing business? We are on the process of setting up our B2C business so not sure if we meet the criteria?

Thanks
    Krisy

jkrahmalov, post: 107083 wrote:
    Hi all,

I’m an Advertising Lecturer at the University of Western Sydney, and I ‘m putting the call out for another 15 small businesses who would like some free advertising advice (provided by a team of Advertising students, monitored by myself).

You must:
    – Be prepared to discuss the business with the students – who you are targeting, what you have tried, ideas, where you might want to take the business. If you are in Sydney, this would be a face-to-face interview, with follow up emails. If you live anywhere else, we will organise a conference call or Skype (then follow up emails).
    – Fill in a short 5min survey at the end of the exercise on the value of the students’ work

– Research the market, trends, the competitors, analyse the current positioning of the site etc, and provide recommendations and a roadmap of free/low cost advertising ideas up to the value of $5,000, and relevant to your business. Please note – no creative work will be provided to the business.

This service is free and you are not required to provide the budget or implement any of the students’ suggestions. The semester runs for 12 weeks.

We have worked with all kinds of businesses over the past three years, from tradesmen and beauticians, to magicians, inventors and retail sites. As long as you sell to consumers (not to businesses), we would love to hear from you.

If you are interested, please send me an email as soon as possible to [email protected].

Kind regards
    Jacki Krahmalov

Krisy
    • Total posts: 65
    Up

Hi Jacki,

Does it have to be an existing business? We are on the process of setting up our B2C business so not sure if we meet the criteria?

Thanks
    Krisy

jkrahmalov, post: 107083 wrote:
    Hi all,

You must:

Kind regards
    Jacki Krahmalov

pix2print.com.au
    • Total posts: 178
    Up

Hi Jacki,

That sounds like a great idea and I would love to be considered for this! I am a sole trader and start-up, but have grand ideas (for the future…).

I used to work at the University of Western Australia (am now based in Brisbane though) and love the idea of getting students involved with real businesses. And providing students with feedback on their work would be great, no problem at all!

I am currently working full time on my business and would be available to the students at any time they want to discuss things.

My business is online only, I provide free software to people to create their own photobooks and calendars. The website is http://www.pix2print.com.au if you want to have a look at it before you decide if you want to use me.

You can contact me via [email protected] and I can give you all the details of the business, my target market (well, this is what I think it is) and what I have tried so far… (I’ve only been at it for 2 weeks since go-live).

Really hope I hear from you soon!

Kind regards,
    Jude

pix2print.com.au
    • Total posts: 178
    Up

Hi Jacki,

That sounds like a great idea and I would love to be considered for this! I am a sole trader and start-up, but have grand ideas (for the future…).

I used to work at the University of Western Australia (am now based in Brisbane though) and love the idea of getting students involved with real businesses. And providing students with feedback on their work would be great, no problem at all!

I am currently working full time on my business and would be available to the students at any time they want to discuss things.

My business is online only, I provide free software to people to create their own photobooks and calendars. The website is http://www.pix2print.com.au if you want to have a look at it before you decide if you want to use me.

You can contact me via [email protected] and I can give you all the details of the business, my target market (well, this is what I think it is) and what I have tried so far… (I’ve only been at it for 2 weeks since go-live).

Really hope I hear from you soon!

Kind regards,
    Jude

MAli
    • Total posts: 107
    Up

From my experience I can tell you this is a great way to learn for the both of us as business owners and as students.

I loved it because it has helped me so much with my business.

Thanks again Jacki,

Mihad from Mihad Ali Creations.

MAli
    • Total posts: 107
    Up

From my experience I can tell you this is a great way to learn for the both of us as business owners and as students.

I loved it because it has helped me so much with my business.

Thanks again Jacki,

Mihad from Mihad Ali Creations.

Daniel12345
    • Total posts: 97
    Up

Hi Jacki,
    Sent you through an email and just wanted to make sure you got it. It was in regards to my business “Hale & Fun” (http://www.haleandfun.com.au)
    Cheers
    Daniel

Daniel12345
    • Total posts: 97
    Up

Hi Jacki,
    Sent you through an email and just wanted to make sure you got it. It was in regards to my business “Hale & Fun” (http://www.haleandfun.com.au)
    Cheers
    Daniel

JGH
    • Total posts: 27
    Up

Email sent; look foraward to your reply!

JGH
    • Total posts: 27
    Up

Email sent; look foraward to your reply!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.