Home – New Forums Other discussions Unlink not working?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    GuestMember
    • Total posts: 318
    Up
    ::

Hi, I’ve had some difficulty removing a hyperlink and I thought you might be interested to see if it is a one-off or wider problem. Please find a screencast at: https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D7578192_91741837_7798883
    Latest Chrome browser. PC.
    Kind regards, Paul

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Hi Paul,

Thanks for letting us know about this. I’ve tested with the same results. What happens is that the software automatically converts anything that looks like a web address (i.e. starts with [url=”http://www”%5Dwww%5B/url%5D.) into a live link. It’s most often helpful when posting an actual address, but in this case when trying to illustrate a point with an address that is not real it’s not helpful :)

In your thread I just added a space after the www. so that the link didn’t automatically convert to a clickable one.

Cheers
    Peter

GuestMember
    Up

Thanks for looking at it Peter. So what’s the ‘Unlink’ button for?

Peter – FS Administrator
    Up

If you embed a link behind some other words to turn them into a link… like this or FlyingSolo.com.au or whatever then you can use the unlink button to de-activate those. It’s just that www. automatically overrides any settings and makes the link clickable.

GuestMember
    Up

So in the case where I write Flying Solo and then add a link with the full URL, I can remove it. But whenever I add www in front this will override the Unlink and put the hyperlink in regardless? Is that right?

Peter – FS Administrator
    Up

Yep, that’s right :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.