Home – New Forums Money matters unpaid super fund

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bj333
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    ::

My previous employer under administrator and they have numbers of creditors on list. I have recently discovered they didn’t pay my super fund to my provider. Amount is quite huge more than $10,000-12,000 and Administrator is saying they don’t have any assets to pay so i have no hope. Tried to contact directors of the company and they advised to seek help from ATO or Administrator and I have done that. Any suggestion on this problem to get my Super fund
    Thanks for suggestions and help.
    Joy

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

I would suggest you also contact your accountant/solicitor so that they can put in a claim for you. It’s a solicitor that normally has to formally make a claim on your behalf. It could take a long time, but you need to get professional help for this.

HammockFG
    • Total posts: 136
    Up

Usually your super fund can help you with what steps to take in this kind of thing. Try them and see what they can do or what they suggest.

Interestingly, I notice in the Federal Budget announcement that they have proposed super members/employees will be required to receive quarterly notification from their superannuation fund if regular contributions cease.

This will be helpful. So many people assume that because their payslip shows where the super is going that the SG payments are being sent everytime they get paid. Sadly this is rarely the case. :(

Good luck!

Mégan

bj333
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

Thanks for reply and suggestions.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.