Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Unsolicited marketing info Q

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up
    ::

Today I received some property details of a house in our street that was, apparently, just listed….

I didn’t ask any real estate agents to keep me informed of new listings – in fact we intend to never move again so it’s definitely not something we’re interested in.

However, I thought that I could use this as a marketing opportunity.

After all, if someone is sending out unsolicited mail then surely they’re open to receive it?

I want to send him an email introducing him to my business – am I within my rights to do that? Or will it still be seen as “spam”?

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

Hmm, very interesting. I am not a lawyer, so cant comment on the actual legalities, but I would assume that the intention of their marketing piece was for you to get in touch? If they have listed their email, that would be a method of getting in touch right?

Maybe you could start your email with reference to the letter, and that you love the area so much you never intend on moving, but by the way thought I would let you know about the services I offer, in case of interest to you.

I think that would be a suitable angle.

P.S. – If you want them to open the email and read it, try a subject line like: Re: 145 Smith Street (or whatever the address is)

bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up

Thanks that’s what I was thinking too…. :)

JaneB
    • Total posts: 324
    Up

Yes definitely.

Real estate agents are the one group of people in a shopping strip who actually want to keep in touch with what’s going on in the community and are great networkers (well – the good ones are. There are good ones aren’t there? !).

Don’t tell them that you never intend to move but do let them know of your existence and what you do.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.