Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Unsubscribe

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    ::

What is the etiquette ?

Whenever a client un-subscribes from my special clients only eNewsletter I would love to have an auto-reply set up to somehow ask them for the reason why they unsubscribed ?

Besides being curious, I don’t know where I’m going wrong if I do not ask. Something made them un-subscribe… I would love to know “why” ? How do I ask without being offensive and/or nosey as such ?

BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up

I don’t think people would be bothered in an auto-reply type thing; your best bet would to have the unsubscribe take them to a page that confirms their unsubscribe & then a question asking them – with common unsubscribed reasons provided to them in a dropdown box which they can select. You can also have an “other” option & if they select that have an extra field appear where they can type in their reason.

I’d make this question optional though. :)

ChangeofPlan
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

I agree. have an optional survey on the unsubscribe page that you are automatically directed to. You don’t have to fill out anything, but I was quite happy to tell them that their constant bombardment of emails was the reason I was unsubscribing!

victorng
    • Total posts: 626
    Up

If someone unsubscribes from your emails, it’s probably not a good idea to then send them an email because they unsubscribed!

I agree with what others have said – an unsubscribe page that asks for a reason is a good idea. The best ones I’ve seen also ask if you would like to subscribe to any other publications / newsletters that the publisher / business sends.

Cheers,
    Victor

Pross
    • Total posts: 29
    Up

Depending on the volume of people unsubscribing, and given that it seems to really matter to you, you could possibly put in a phone call to them to let them know you’ve taken them off your list, and pop the question then?

BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up
    Pross, post: 71685 wrote:
    Depending on the volume of people unsubscribing, and given that it seems to really matter to you, you could possibly put in a phone call to them to let them know you’ve taken them off your list, and pop the question then?

That would be annoying!

Bizzy
    • Total posts: 64
    Up
    CondorCreative, post: 71774 wrote:
    That would be annoying!

And you could possibly get some abuse from the ticked off prospect as well!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.