Home Forums Other discussions Upcoming site outage: Tonight

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274

Hi All

Just a heads-up that Flying Solo is undergoing a major upgrade overnight. We’ll be offline for a good few hours and anticipate some gremlins as we resurface with an entirely new and improved, mobile responsive site, AND new forum software.

Rest assured we’ve been buried in testing (to ensure your logins and data all comes across safely) but even with the best intentions, there are likely to be ‘issues’ around the place.

Our little crew are strapped in and we’ll be working hard to create a warm and inviting new home for the community.

See you on the other side,

Robert, Sam, Peter, Kelly, Jayne, Dave, Lisa, Jennifer on behalf of our 75,500 friends :)

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691

Hey, well done, it’s up and running.
    So far seems cool.
    Cheers

ThexArm
    • Total posts: 253

Congrats Guys for getting it up and running with minimum interruption. Cool looking site. :-)

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889

Thanks guys! There’s still lots of things we want to finish off and polish up but it’s nice to at least be here.

Quick question – you were able to login using your regular details I assume?

Glad you made it and we look forward to making it even better!

Cheers
    Peter

Jason Ramage
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,162

Here here :)

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: hello@lucasarthur.net.au   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    ThexArm
    • Total posts: 253

Yes, regular login details.

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815

Hi all – looking good. Here is my login experience so far.
    I. I couldn’t login so I reset password and used the same one. Then I could login.
    2. Tried to reply to this post but I was asked to re-login but the top of the page clearly showed I was already logged in as it had ‘sign out’.
    3. Logged in again just to make this post.
    4. How do I edit my information? The former site had a link. Am I missing something or not seeing it in Safari (Mac)? EDIT: Now I feel silly because it’s now showing in a small bar to the right above this post section. Was not showing before. Now it is.
    5. No option not to have sig at this time?
    Hope this helps.
    Thank you, Karen C.

Greg_M

yep, just used the login saved in the browser on the old site.

Past-Member

Problem 2: Clicked on my name to edit my profile. It asked me to ‘associate’ my login with my name. Won’t work and keeps ‘flashing’ and returning to the asking to associate screen. Can’t get any further. See image.

[ATTACH=full]811[/ATTACH]

Greg_M
    KarenC, post: 212391, member: 50 wrote:
    Hi all – looking good. Here is my login experience so far.
    I. I couldn’t login so I reset password and used the same one. Then I could login.
    2. Tried to reply to this post but I was asked to re-login but the top of the page clearly showed I was already logged in as it had ‘sign out’.
    3. Logged in again just to make this post.
    4. How do I edit my information? The former site had a link. Am I missing something or not seeing it in Safari (Mac)? EDIT: Now I feel silly because it’s now showing in a small bar to the right above this post section. Was not showing before. Now it is.
    5. No option not to have sig at this time?
    Hope this helps.
    Thank you, Karen C.

At a quick look if you just hit your own forum name link (and you’re logged in) the control panel is available.

Past-Member
    Greg_M, post: 212394, member: 38207 wrote:
    At a quick look if you just hit your own forum name link (and you’re logged in) the control panel is available.

That’s what I did Greg – and kept flashing and asking for me to input. I tried 3 times. Then I reopened the browser and clicked on my name and it now shows I am logged in.

(Mac/Safari)

Greg_M

Mac Safari also … option disappeared on next attempt, I’m also getting my profile thingy flashing in the right hand column … but disappearing and becoming ads (understandable given my rough head).

When I hit my forum name this time I got a “call out modal” with a bit of personal info”.

Have fun fixing the bugs guy’s- at least it’s working :)

Past-Member

It might be a Safari issue again, or dare I say a ‘false blonde thing’ :), but where do I edit my Directory details please? I can’t find any login other than a public view.

Past-Member

Sorry Peter – I know you need feedback. Hope this is ok. The text line as indicated in this pic is too small and too light to view. Can it please be larger and darker? Thank you.

[ATTACH=full]812[/ATTACH]

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274

Thanks Karen and Greg. We’ve clearly got a fair few bugs around the place and are working through them. I can’t promise we’ll have answers tonight, but we’ll be getting into things as best as possible.
    Peter and the tech guys have worked through the night so it’s likely they’ll be falling over very soon.

Thanks for patience!

Robert

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • The topic ‘Upcoming site outage: Tonight’ is closed to new replies.