Home – New Forums Other discussions Upcoming site outage: Tonight

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up
    ::

No problem, I’d assumed such a massive upgrade was unlikely to be bug free.

So far like it though … I’ll have a go with Firefox and see if it’s significantly different.

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up

Thanks Greg. I expect it will take a few days to settle things down, thanks for your encouraging comments!

Robert

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up
    KarenC, post: 212405, member: 50 wrote:
    Sorry Peter – I know you need feedback. Hope this is ok. The text line as indicated in this pic is too small and too light to view. Can it please be larger and darker? Thank you.

[ATTACH=full]812[/ATTACH]

Fear not Karen, we’ve a fair bit of tinkering to do and I agree we need text we can read!

Robert

I.T. Guaranteed
    Participant
    • Total posts: 54
    Up

Looks good until I zoom the screen, the Flying Solo menu ends up taking up most of the screen leaving no room for the article. I tested it on Dolphin and Chrome for andriod.
    The sign out link floats in the middle of the menu.

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

I had to reset my password, but there’s no keeping me out !!
    Like everything new, it will take a bit of getting used to, but I love the feel of your new website.
    Congratulations guys !!
    Wendy :)

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712
    Up

Probably something you are already working on but I really like to be able to hover my mouse over a thread heading and see the first few lines so I can decide whether to open the conversation. This seems to be off now.

Big Note
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

Is there an intention to restore the signature block or do we need to make up one that we can add to the end of each post in future?

Graham Apolony
    Big Note Marketing
    http://bignotemarketing.com.au

Big Note
    • Total posts: 14
    Up
    Big Note, post: 212443, member: 59100 wrote:
    Is there an intention to restore the signature block or do we need to make up one that we can add to the end of each post in future?

Graham Apolony
    Big Note Marketing
    [URL=’http://bignotemarketing.com.au[/QUOTE’]http://bignotemarketing.com.au[/URL]

OK I can see now that the signature block only appears if you are logged in. Is this a feature or an issue to be resolved?

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Hi Robert, not sure if it is a problem, but I havent had any email notifications for updated threads since the upgrade. Possibly a non issue, others could say if it is just me or a wider issue.

PS. Having managed many a system upgrade I don’t envy your job at the moment

Craig.Smith
    • Total posts: 167
    Up

Can I suggest you make some changes to the actual forum size. There is so much padding and margin around the container it means the size of the forum section is tiny. See the attached image I have done a before and after once I tweaked some styles in a browser inspector.

I removed all padding and margin from #content .pageContent. Also removed the OL left margin.

Disappointed the largest responsive size of the forum is 1080px. It should be at least 1200px.

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Hi guys,
    Just a quick note to say thanks very much for the feedback and suggestions. It’s very helpful and we’re taking notes!
    We’ll keep working through the lists as fast as we can and roll out changes over the coming days.
    Cheers!
    Peter

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

I just hit the “who’s online” button, perhaps you’re aware of it … a major number of visitors listed are Bots indexing the site, seemed a little weird.
    Cheers

Craig.Smith
    • Total posts: 167
    Up

If you look at forum members signatures in a thread they are being formatted the same as the aside banner column. These need some formatting to stretch them 100% of the area.

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up
    bb1, post: 212447, member: 53375 wrote:
    Hi Robert, not sure if it is a problem, but I havent had any email notifications for updated threads since the upgrade. Possibly a non issue, others could say if it is just me or a wider issue.

PS. Having managed many a system upgrade I don’t envy your job at the moment

Thanks for that. Subscriptions all came across in testing, but will need to test again. You’ve likely already checked, but assume you setting are set to auto-email alerts? I’ll test again on my account too.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    FS Administrator, post: 212527, member: 1 wrote:
    Thanks for that. Subscriptions all came across in testing, but will need to test again. You’ve likely already checked, but assume you setting are set to auto-email alerts? I’ll test again on my account too.
    H peter, with no prompting from me they started this arvo… teething problems i am guessing
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • The topic ‘Upcoming site outage: Tonight’ is closed to new replies.