Home Forums Other discussions Upcoming site outage: Tonight

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Burgo
    • Total posts: 2,099

Hahahahaha first impression I is in a new home and like all new things will just take me a bit to get used to it, so like Wendy you is not going to keep me out

Jason Ramage
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,162

Howdy,

Enjoying getting used to the set up.. and seeing some tweaks come in as we plod along :)

Some feedback, and apologies as have not read all other replies although just one other thing i am missing (as in liked) is the ability to ‘quickly’ identify which threads have new posts in it since my last visit… i think the old forum had a colour change that showed you had visited that thread and seen latest posts already.. Hope that makes sense..Or am i not noticing the subtleties of the new way that the forum is doing it?

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: hello@lucasarthur.net.au   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    HarryLuke Logistics, post: 212556, member: 34537 wrote:
    Howdy,

…one other thing i am missing (as in liked) is the ability to ‘quickly’ identify which threads have new posts in it since my last visit…

Hi Jason

Once you’re logged in, you should see ‘New Posts’ appear up in the navigation and a click on this will reveal a familiar page showing what’s been updated since you last visited.

Fingers crossed this is the feature you were missing!

Robert :)

Jason Ramage
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,162
    Robert Gerrish, post: 212558, member: 5 wrote:
    Hi Jason

Once you’re logged in, you should see ‘New Posts’ appear up in the navigation and a click on this will reveal a familiar page showing what’s been updated since you last visited.

Fingers crossed this is the feature you were missing!

Robert :)

Hi Robert,

Hope all is well mate…

Thanks for this reply, i think this feature was also on the old site although wasnt one i used.. And i could be wrong and my imagination running wild, although i think when i used to log into the forums main page with all ‘topics’ (meaning intro self, logistics, sell online etc) if there were any NEW POSTS to that topic the icon would be a brighter green indicating there has been some activity in that topic..

This indication would allow me to quickly see if a topic i was interested in was worth jumping into or not with a readily noticeable indicator. Although now, i have to squint a little and read the grey time stamp showing when the last post occurred in that topic :( (maybe i should wear my glasses more often)…

Again, its nothing BIG as such, just a feature i was used to i guess…

That NEW POST button may just be something i have to get used to.. LOL

Thanks again Robert, keep up the awesome work..

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: hello@lucasarthur.net.au   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    ThexArm
    • Total posts: 253

Hi Jason,

The easy way I have found was to select “mark forums read” at the top of the page as per attached. Then all posts in the forum would be marked as read. Later when there is a new post that would be highlighted as per previous.

Robert Gerrish

Also Jason, bear in mind that the ‘speech bubble icons’ on the forum landing page signify, thus:

Dark icon if unread posts are there and light icons if nothing unread.

This may or may not be helpful!

Robert

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184

I think some attention needs to be on the fonts and the contrast between different areas.

There a lot of small thin fonts being used. And in the actual forums, some contrast between the post and the background would be nice, it all runs into each other which is not great ui.

Also, my pic is now really blurry.

And the most important thing ‘Where is the post count? It’s not under my pic any more? The text under it is unreadable because of the font.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184

One more thing – there is no ‘New posts’ on the mobile.

:)

Plus, is it just me or does the scrolling seem really jerky?

Robert Gerrish

Hi Matt

Thanks for these comments they are all on a list, quite a long list and we’ll be working through them as best we can over the coming weeks.

Happily the conversations can continue and thankfully all the data has come across. We cannot promise the fixes will be rapid, but we are onto them and we realise the importance to our community.

Have a fine weekend,

Robert

Robert Gerrish
    MatthewKeath, post: 212600, member: 3997 wrote:
    Also, my pic is now really blurry.

Me again. I’ve just uploaded a new avatar image and it seems to fix the blurry issue. I recall the images on the old platform were much smaller and I guess they’ve come across and then been enlarged – hence the blurriness.

It seems that uploading a new image is favourite. Once you’re logged in, just click on your forum image and you should find the process quite easy…except that the fonts are very hard to read (and yes, they’re on the list!).

Thanks all for wading through this with us.

Robert and the FS Crew

Craig.Smith
    • Total posts: 167

What about removing one of the sticky headers? Surely 2 sticky headers which is 98px high is overkill and a waste of our screen real estate. If all that information is so important it needs to be in the sticky header, combine the important parts and make it smaller.

Without sounding so negative, there are a lot of bugs and cross browser issues on this new site, I would have held back the deployment until it was rock solid. Did you offer a select group of users a review of the new site in UAT environment?

Robert Gerrish

Thanks for your feedback Craig. We are aware of these issues and are doing what we can to rectify. I’ve tidied up the ‘sticky threads’… thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks too for your valid comments regarding deployment. Regardless of testing, there comes a point – particularly for a small business like ours – when going live is the favoured option. And that’s the one we took.

Robert

Robert Gerrish
    Big Note, post: 212444, member: 59100 wrote:
    OK I can see now that the signature block only appears if you are logged in. Is this a feature or an issue to be resolved?

Hi Big note,

We’re working on this one and looking to definitely set sigs to display to all, logged in or not.

Thanks

Robert

Robert Gerrish
    Rowan @ GardenLarder, post: 212442, member: 28171 wrote:
    Probably something you are already working on but I really like to be able to hover my mouse over a thread heading and see the first few lines so I can decide whether to open the conversation. This seems to be off now.

Thanks Rowan, we’re looking into reinstating this feature. Thanks for the nudge!

Robert

Robert Gerrish

We’ve closed this thread now and keeping a discussion running on bugs and fixes over on this thread.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • The topic ‘Upcoming site outage: Tonight’ is closed to new replies.