Home – New Forums Starting your journey Update Company Public Officer – Help

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up
    ::

I *think* you have to contact ASIC but I know from experience that they do not make these things easy.

If you have an Accountant, you could ask them as well.

@jamesmillar
    may know?

Cheers
    Paul

TheMarcx3
    Participant
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

Hi there,

For the last couple of weeks I have been struggling to find guidance on how to update the Public Officer Details for my Pty Ltd company.

About one month ago, I had sent a letter to the following address to update the public officer for my newly founded company.

The Commissioner of Taxation
    Australian Taxation Office
    GPO Box 9990
    SYDNEY NSW 2001

I have spent hours trying to find a way to check if they have received my letter and everything had been updated but it seems such a huge pain to find anything useful.

I am aware of the website https://www.ato.gov.au/Business/Registration/Update-your-details/
    but I don’t have access to Australian Business Register or Online services for business.

PLEASE if anyone can help assist.. that would be great.

Alijinty
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Hi,
    As an ASIC Agent I can assure you that your accountant should you have one is able to do that for you, if you do not then I will be more than happy to assist you to updating the information.

Kind Regards
    Sonja

TheMarcx3
    Participant
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

Hi All,

I thought to update here.. Since I checked with my accountant afterwards, I can confirm that sending a letter to following address with the changes worked fine:

The Commissioner of Taxation
    Australian Taxation Office
    GPO Box 9990
    SYDNEY NSW 2001

James Millar
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,739
    Up

Public Officer is an appointment required under tax legislation. It is not part of the Corporations Act and ASIC has not authority or concern with it. You need to direct changes to the ATO.

Helping build better businesses and better lives with expert financial and taxation advice. [email protected] www.360partners.com.au 03 9005 4900
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.