Home – New Forums Find the help you need Update Website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    puddleduck
    • Total posts: 23
    Up
    ::

I have a website that needs a few details updated. I’m looking to work with a programmer that has the experience and patience to bring me up to date on the programming language. PHP/HTML I’m keen to get started asap

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up

Hi there

Welcome again to Flying Solo. I’ve moved this post over here as it’s more likely to get a response than in the ‘intro’ section.

So, are you looking for someone to do the work…or teach you how to do it?

Thanks

Robert

LuchiaBloomfield
    • Total posts: 117
    Up

Sounds like teaching.

Lots of free resources online – just google ‘Learn HTML’ and you’ll see what I mean!

puddleduck
    Up

Thanks for your input. I’ve been spending some time each day with the free php/html tutorials and have found them to be helpful.

With my time constraints what I need is someone to teach me how to update the sections on the site that need to change now. The site needs to stay operational so someone that can show me the ropes and recover the site if an error is made would be really helpful.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Hi Puddle

Just to refresh, or make clear, as Robert asked are you looking for someone to fix this for you or to teach you how to do it? To me it sounds more like you may need someone to do it (due to time restraints you added) and then if discussed from outset, they may also be able to give you a little navigation should you wish to alter it down the track again…

Just with errors and things like that, dependant on your site (and i am no expert), it can be complicated to fix let alone teach how to fix… And, dependent on the codes entered that could cause an error (that you appear to be pre-empting) could cost more to ‘fix’ rather than have someone do it correctly in the first instance?

Is there a reason you dont want someone to do it for you? money, you have the skill set, etc etc? And i am asking as a non techie or web developer and can not prosper from your answer 😮

Wishing you all the best and that the right solution drops your way.

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    puddleduck
    Up

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your comments. What I’m looking for is someone that I can work along side as the website is updated and issues are resolved. I have a programming background and I’m comfortable with being honest and admitting my skills are a little rusty.

Taking a risk analysis point of view it would be wise to be working with (and paying) an experienced programmer at the outset to avoid downtime.

The request is probably a little unique as we’re taking the learning and the experience and wanting to create a working environment that covers the two.

The downside for the programmer is that It will slow them down a little.

The benefit for me is I’ll brush up my skills and be able to manage the website independently down the track.

I hope that helps.

martin.firth
    • Total posts: 259
    Up

Hi there,

We’d be happy to help you out. A large part of our business is working for other web design companies and their developers, on challenges that exceed their current capabilities.

We often create guides and breakdowns as part of our quote. Please get in touch if you are interested.

Martin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.