Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Updated website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    naturalspawater
    • Total posts: 10
    Up
    ::

What needs reviewing? website http://www.envirospapool.com

2. What does your business do? Sell a Federally Registered Non Chlorine water sanitiser for spas and swim spas.
    3. Who is your target market? Everyone who owns a spa in Australia
    4. What specific concerns do you have? We have quality stats on viewing of our pages yet sales are low.
    [email protected]

seocourse
    • Total posts: 918
    Up

Sorry to ask but I’m curious… you mentioned:

“We have quality stats on viewing of our pages yet sales are low.”

I wonder how people are finding your site… because your site has zero links pointing to it
    (actually just 1 from
    http://www.bioblu.com.au/contact.php )

So.. if you mention quality stats… are this from paid traffic? (ppc?)

Just trying to help … ^_^

naturalspawater
    Up

seocourse, Thanks for youre reply. By stats we mean, the statistics of people visiting our site. We have 100s of people visiting, and even marking as their favourite. But not very many new customers. We seem to be missing that “call to action” button. What ever that is.
    Helen

mike_allen
    • Total posts: 74
    Up

You need to work on that ‘Call to Action’ so that you know what it is! I did notice that your web site is more of a brochure than a store. When you click ‘Buy Online’ it takes you to a page where the ‘Buy Now’ button is ‘below the fold’ and not readily visible. Then another click and you finally can see the top bit of the store beneath the flash graphic.

I think two clicks to get to the store, is two clicks too many, and that flash graphic gets in the way. I’d get your products onto the front page and visible.

Sorry, I’m a bit biased against too much flash, flashing away.

You could think about better stats as well like Google Analytics (I couldn’t see it on a quick glance at the source).

The good news is: you have room for improvement!

And of course don’t forget SEO.

Samot
    • Total posts: 157
    Up

Don’t mind me asking what tracking software are you using?
    I’m super skeptical that the site is receiving traffic let alone quality traffic.

Though even if there was traffic, what really puts me off from purchasing is the checkout page. It’s very confusing and I couldn’t be bothered even trying to understand it so I closed it. It needs a bit of structure into a layout where my eyes and brain can follow a though pattern such as

Checking out -> there is my order, finished reviewing -> choose my quantity-> add to cart

at the moment its like a maze

sydneyfx
    • Total posts: 61
    Up

I’d recommend making some text changes on the home page. I’d say most your target audience doesn’t want to read the text you have right now as it’s more technical than friendly.

Change the intro to spell out the who would want it, why they need it and the benefits not the features. Something more like…

“Does your skin feel itchy after getting out of the spa? Do you get … …

Enviro Spa Pool offers …. to stop … (tell them the benefits)”

Add a call to action below the intro.

Leisa D
    • Total posts: 563
    Up

ps – the call to action is a simple instruction to the potential buyer, asking them to act on your offer NOW. Adding your site to their favourites means you’ll be in the back of their mind for a day or so, but will they remember you when it comes time to buy? Make it worth their while to order from you now.

marketingweb
    • Total posts: 625
    Up
    Samot, post: 48552 wrote:
    Don’t mind me asking what tracking software are you using?
    I’m super skeptical that the site is receiving traffic let alone quality traffic.

I typed a whole long reply yesterday but it seems to have disappeared.

I’d also be super skeptical that you are actually getting a lot of traffic as you think, and I’m also curious how you know/believe you know lots of people are bookmarking the site.

My suspicion is you are relying on data from Alexa which is the only info I’ve seen that estimates times bookmarked (apologies if I’m wrong). Alexa is not what you need for tracking software – it’s just a really really rough estimate of a site’s popularity. I know I work on one site that gets around 250 visitors a day, and another much newer site that gets around 25 visitors a day. Yet Alexa claims the site with 25 visitors is twice as popular as the one that actually gets 250.

Overall I would suggest you aren’t getting as much traffic as you think, or it’s not the right traffic (eg traffic from this site to review yours has zero chance of converting to a sale). And the other comments about the site not making it easy for customers are also correct.

Matt

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Matt,
    Apologies for the lost post. We haven’t deleted it, so I’m puzzled as to what could have gone wrong. Did you notice whether it appeared on the thread at all after you submitted it?

Most mysterious :(

Thanks for taking the time to re-post,
    Jayne

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total posts: 87
    Up

Hi Helen,

You might want to check out a book called “Don’t Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability” by Steve Krug. You might even be able to find a copy at a local library.

It deals precisely with these sorts of issues (eg. usability, calls to action, maximising conversions, etc).

If you follow the advice contained in that book, you’ll probably come to the conclusion that it’s best to consider re-doing the website from scratch.

If so, I’d strongly recommend working with a web developer who can guide you as to the best decisions to make. Of course, my opinion is slightly biased though … ;)

naturalspawater
    Up

Thanks to everyone, we will take your comments on board and work through each one. Helen

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Hi – Good luck for your site.

One thing I noticed – no FAQ’s.

Cheers,

Matt

Leisa D
    • Total posts: 563
    Up

Hi again, have you considered using an ecommerce program to redo the site? I use Shopfactory for mine – it’s easy to use, very SEO friendly if you use sensible keywords, and resonably affordable. Just pick a template close to what you want, and go for it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.