Home Forums Selling online Upstand – Afterpay payment option

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    theupstand
    • Total posts: 16

Hi there…Matt OS here founder at Upstand.

I have been selling my Upstand standing desk at our website for the past 12 months and just recently a friend of mine suggested I should seriously consider adding Afterpay as a payment option.

It sounds like a great option but thought to send a note out to the Flying Solo community to see if others have dealt with Afterpay from both the vendor and / or customer experience…. Any comments or advice would be great.

Regards

Matt

Dave – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 2,522

Hi Matt,

Hopefully you’ll get some feedback from others who have tried it. Failing that, there’s no substitute for testing yourself to see whether it has the desired increase in sales.

Good luck!
    Dave

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,158
    theupstand, post: 271222, member: 115555 wrote:
    Hi there…Matt OS here founder at Upstand.

I have been selling my Upstand standing desk at our website for the past 12 months and just recently a friend of mine suggested I should seriously consider adding Afterpay as a payment option.

It sounds like a great option but thought to send a note out to the Flying Solo community to see if others have dealt with Afterpay from both the vendor and / or customer experience…. Any comments or advice would be great.

Regards

Matt

Howdy Matt

Looking at your website – specifically product and price point – i would agree with your friend… Deferred payment options are a massive market on their own and has unique users that spend more readily on them as opposed to other methods…

Now this could be debated over and over as to why and if you should support it or more etc etc.. although this is not what you are asking :)

We deal with AP/ZIP and a couple others and find them a ok.. Although have had for a few years and do see some people having issues setting up of late with influx of demand and so forth (not saying you will incur delays or obstacles, just some mumblings i have heard recently)…

Is there something specific you wanted to know?

Cheers

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,158

Apologies, one thing i forgot to add was or is a statement i have learnt from many different stand points (or career roles)… Why put any barriers in the way of a potential customer buying from you? Whilst it isnt directly related, not offering some deferred payment options could be seen as a barrier to those wanting to use a deferred payment option (for whatever reason).

For me, this is an age old discussion around merchant services being offered.. EG: Those saying not to accept AMEX due to fees, although IMO its like cutting off the nose to spite the face… Why inhibit and lose a potential sale over such a small percentage – we take hits on AP, we take hits on freight although some sticking points (like the AMEX one or for even older peeps the DinersCard one) are fought tooth and nail to explain why not to accept..

Anyways, soz, forgot to mention you should look at all payment options to capture audiences far and wide – its amazing how a payment method can impact a sales channel in the positive or negative if you do or do not accept one over the other..

Cheers

theupstand
    Dave – FS Concierge, post: 271223, member: 49676 wrote:
    Hi Matt,

Hopefully you’ll get some feedback from others who have tried it. Failing that, there’s no substitute for testing yourself to see whether it has the desired increase in sales.

Good luck!
    Dave
    Thanks Dave, I like your advice and agree

theupstand
    LucasArthur, post: 271229, member: 34537 wrote:
    Apologies, one thing i forgot to add was or is a statement i have learnt from many different stand points (or career roles)… Why put any barriers in the way of a potential customer buying from you? Whilst it isnt directly related, not offering some deferred payment options could be seen as a barrier to those wanting to use a deferred payment option (for whatever reason).

For me, this is an age old discussion around merchant services being offered.. EG: Those saying not to accept AMEX due to fees, although IMO its like cutting off the nose to spite the face… Why inhibit and lose a potential sale over such a small percentage – we take hits on AP, we take hits on freight although some sticking points (like the AMEX one or for even older peeps the DinersCard one) are fought tooth and nail to explain why not to accept..

Anyways, soz, forgot to mention you should look at all payment options to capture audiences far and wide – its amazing how a payment method can impact a sales channel in the positive or negative if you do or do not accept one over the other..

Cheers

Hi Lucas, thanks for taking time out to respond.

LucasArthur, post: 271229, member: 34537 wrote:

Cheers
    Thanks heaps for your quality feedback.

I don’t think I had a specific question that really needed to be answered, It’s just great to hear what others have to say! Your statement ‘why put barriers in the way of potential customers…’ so true.

Currently we only sell one product and it’s kind of cheap so I was also thinking would providing Afterpay be relevant? But as you say, why put barriers in the way of a potential customer.

Cheers

matt

doggyguinness
    • Total posts: 13

I added Afterpay to my updated website about 2 months ago and I’d say at least half of my orders take advantage of AfterPay. I think its a benefit that customers have the option there, especially on larger purchases.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.