Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Upstand: Boosting SEO on a Budget

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    theupstand
    Participant
    • Total posts: 16
    Up
    ::

Hi there,

I am new to Flying Solo forum and want to connect and to get some advice.

I registered my website upstand.com.au with Google about 5 weeks ago and would like to try and boost my S.E.O. Currently we are not getting noticed on Google and like other Start Up’s we’re on a budget!

I was hoping to connect with others in the Flying Solo community that may have some advice to boot our visibility on a Budget?

As an FYI…Just this week I registered with some free on-line Directories and also started posting more via our website’s blog, it’s a start.

It would be great to get some members thoughts and advice.

Thanks in advance!

Matt

RunicConvenience
    • Total posts: 186
    Up

https://moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo

Don’t know how upto date the modern search stuff if but overall goes through what you should do with the content, site layout and urls/meta information to make it visible for search engines.

other actions normally involve paying something. ie advertisements for videos in facebook, insta and linkedin? assuming business people are your target so linkedin Could be an option and post a few articles on “medium” about the benefits of a standing office and the ability to easily alternate from standing to sitting without needing to dismental your desk or travel with large furniture between offices

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi Matt,

You have a long uphill battle with SEO because you will be battling with national and international, vendors, distributors and brands.

But everybody needs to start somewhere so, I will suggest a few things.

1. Apply On Page SEO techniques – there are a million guides out there – as mentioned by [USER=112020]@RunicConvenience[/USER] , moz.com has on.

2. Understand the different steps that exist in the buying process – THIS article has a brief introduction to the concept – target each of these steps in your content.

3. Research the term “Long Tail Keywords” and create content (pages, or blog entries) that reflect them eg, after doing research, you find a good number of people search for “affordable standing desk” – target that keyword.

You will also find that the price to advertise a long tail keyword is cheaper too.

4. Become an expert in the field – share research (asking for permission first), write guest blog posts, go on podcasts (or host one yourself), speak at conferences etc.

We always love hearing about people’s progress, so keep us up to date.

Cheers

theupstand
    Participant
    Up
    RunicConvenience, post: 267140, member: 112020 wrote:

Don’t know how upto date the modern search stuff if but overall goes through what you should do with the content, site layout and urls/meta information to make it visible for search engines.

other actions normally involve paying something. ie advertisements for videos in facebook, insta and linkedin? assuming business people are your target so linkedin Could be an option and post a few articles on “medium” about the benefits of a standing office and the ability to easily alternate from standing to sitting without needing to dismental your desk or travel with large furniture between offices

RunicConvenience, post: 267140, member: 112020 wrote:

Thanks RunicConvienience,

Appreciate you time responding to my query and the moz link provided.

You have prompted me to revisit Linkedin with more focus. Our product is after all primarily Office based which directly relates to the Linkedin members and community.

REgards

theupstand
    Participant
    Up
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 267147, member: 78928 wrote:
    Hi Matt,

You have a long uphill battle with SEO because you will be battling with national and international, vendors, distributors and brands.

But everybody needs to start somewhere so, I will suggest a few things.

1. Apply On Page SEO techniques – there are a million guides out there – as mentioned by [USER=112020]@RunicConvenience[/USER] , moz.com has on.

2. Understand the different steps that exist in the buying process – THIS article has a brief introduction to the concept – target each of these steps in your content.

3. Research the term “Long Tail Keywords” and create content (pages, or blog entries) that reflect them eg, after doing research, you find a good number of people search for “affordable standing desk” – target that keyword.

You will also find that the price to advertise a long tail keyword is cheaper too.

4. Become an expert in the field – share research (asking for permission first), write guest blog posts, go on podcasts (or host one yourself), speak at conferences etc.

We always love hearing about people’s progress, so keep us up to date.

Cheers

Thanks Paul…An up hill battle for sure!

Many thanks for your advice, all very practical AND beneficial.

I’ll keep all in the loop with updates.

Cheers

Trent Tran
    Participant
    • Total posts: 166
    Up
    theupstand, post: 267134, member: 115555 wrote:
    Hi there,

I am new to Flying Solo forum and want to connect and to get some advice.

I registered my website upstand.com.au with Google about 5 weeks ago and would like to try and boost my S.E.O. Currently we are not getting noticed on Google and like other Start Up’s we’re on a budget!

I was hoping to connect with others in the Flying Solo community that may have some advice to boot our visibility on a Budget?

As an FYI…Just this week I registered with some free on-line Directories and also started posting more via our website’s blog, it’s a start.

It would be great to get some members thoughts and advice.

Thanks in advance!

Matt
    Hi [USER=115555]@theupstand[/USER]
    I saw you are using Shoify
    This will give you Rich Snipset, I recommend with certainty

https://apps.shopify.com/json-ld-for-seo

For me, in 1 month, I saw the result, the ranking increased significantly
    If you write blog to educate your audience, your ranking will be boosted further by this app.

theupstand
    Participant
    Up

Hi Trent,

I opened up your link…. the app looks very cool. Shopify does indeed have some amazing apps.

I will take your advice and write some blogs as I have some original text / copy stockpiled ready for edit and publication. I will look into purchasing an app like the one suggested in the near future.

FYI. It’s been about 5 weeks since the website launch and we have only just been found by Google if you type in upstand desk

I really appreciate your assistance here.

Regards

Matt

Byron Trzeciak
    Participant
    • Total posts: 423
    Up

Best thing you can do is get some SEO training, John Romaine has some agency based training but all of it would be very applicable to you as a small business also. I’d highly recommend you take a look at it. This would pay for itself very quickly, John is very highly regarded around these forums.

https://www.bringtheseo.com/

gavin888
    Participant
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

You actually don’t need to pay for Seo Courses (as you are on budget) fee information everywhere… checkout https://www.backlinko.com/blog .. you will learn how to write your article..

doing SEO by yourself is the best thing.. no one will put effort as much as. you will..

Good Luck

gavin888
    Participant
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

BTW love your product.. If I am you, I would give out free products for bloggers, journalists… who would try the product and write about it (with a backlink).

m4engineers
    • Total posts: 121
    Up

Hi [USER=115555]@theupstand[/USER], you need to be clear who are your competitors, and what similar products are in the market and what are they selling for. Have you done your market research? The perceived quality and durability are also important, which will dictate if you may sell it higher or lower than the competitors.

Is this what you are competing against?

KASTNDLPTP_1.jpg

theupstand
    Participant
    Up
    Byron Trzeciak, post: 267232, member: 56118 wrote:
    Best thing you can do is get some SEO training, John Romaine has some agency based training but all of it would be very applicable to you as a small business also. I’d highly recommend you take a look at it. This would pay for itself very quickly, John is very highly regarded around these forums.

https://www.bringtheseo.com/

Hi Bryon, thanks heaps for your link and advice, it’s “gold” getting first hand referrals like yours…really appreciate it. John’s blog is a great tool too.
    Cheers

theupstand
    Participant
    Up
    gavin888, post: 267313, member: 74946 wrote:
    BTW love your product.. If I am you, I would give out free products for bloggers, journalists… who would try the product and write about it (with a backlink).
    Hi gavin888

Thanks for your post !!

I just checked out Backlinko and found some really great articles by Brian Dean the blogger about topics right up my alley! You are so correct in that there is so much FREE information out there, it’s now just a matter of finding the relevant articles to study up on.

PS; Your idea of giving out free desks to bloggers and Journo’s to trial and (potentially) write about is a very cool idea… you have me thinking now of who to strategically hand out my stand up desk too to trial.

I’ll keep all in the loop with any developments.

Regards

Matt

theupstand
    Participant
    Up

Hi Huey,

Yes that is (basically) who my competition is.

Although, my desk can say it’s 100% recyclable, portable, lightweight and gives the buyer the option to brand specific.. real features I believe!

With full time work over my shoulder I’m finding time to test different markets such as building sites, co-working offices and schools.

I’m a “one man band” at the moment and still learning the ropes as a start up with all aspects of business so thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

Regards

PowerofWords
    • Total posts: 179
    Up

Along with on-page SEO and finding blog and news site partners, I would look at:

• Removing the descriptions under Benefits
    • Adding a durability promise (i.e. unofficial warranty)
    • This is your headline, so make it super big: Convert any flat surface into a stand-up desk!

Because the first thing I thought of as a potential customer was: oh, what if it breaks. The next thing, my Mac is heavy, so it doesn’t look viable.
    Who knows how heavy their computer is? Not me.
    Shipping price might warrant a mention too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.