Home Forums Money matters USD bank account and debit card

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1000372
    MichaelSoker
    Member
    • Total posts: 8

    Hi all,

    We are ready to sell overseas in US dollars and use that income to pay our suppliers who bill us in US dollars, via a debit (or credit) card in US dollars.

    Can’t find an Australian bank who can set up a US dollar business account and card we can do this with. Thought it would be an obvious facility to help businesses sell overseas!

    Any suggestions on how we can get this done?

    Thanks very much.

    Michael Soker
    APCINTERNET

    #1224100
    Paul – FS Concierge
    Moderator
    • Total posts: 3,141

    Hi And Welcome to Flying Solo Michael.

    It is great to have you!

    Thank you for joining our community and posting.

    You could set up a US LLC – Delaware is popular.

    PayPal might be a solution.

    Also look at Stripe Atlas.

    Cheers

    #1224101
    Jason Ramage
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,161

    Howdy

    In addition to Pauls great advice, you can also look at:
    Payoneer
    Transferwise
    OFX
    Worldfirst

    Adding to Pauls advice about delaware, this tends to be due to tax legislation there :)

    Cheers
    Jason

    Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: hello@lucasarthur.net.au   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    #1224102
    Raestorm
    Member
    • Total posts: 6

    Airwallex is another one, allows you to set up a USD account with a US bank and can create virtual credit cards as required for payments

    #1224103
    MichaelSoker
    Member
    • Total posts: 8
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 270890, member: 78928 wrote:
    Hi And Welcome to Flying Solo Michael.

    It is great to have you!

    Thank you for joining our community and posting.

    You could set up a US LLC – Delaware is popular.

    PayPal might be a solution.

    Also look at Stripe Atlas.

    Cheers
    Thanks Paul,

    Very useful info. We’ve been trying to get PayPal Payments Pro sorted out for a few weeks. Hopefully it will work to receive USD.

    I looked at Delaware back in the dot com bubble, but you know, I’d really rather keep it all in Australia, if I can.

    I am amazed that our governments and banks don’t actively encourage small business to sell overseas in the buyer’s currency and bring it all home. What better way to export.

    Michael

    #1224104
    MichaelSoker
    Member
    • Total posts: 8
    LucasArthur, post: 270892, member: 34537 wrote:
    Howdy

    In addition to Pauls great advice, you can also look at:
    Payoneer
    Transferwise
    OFX
    Worldfirst

    Adding to Pauls advice about delaware, this tends to be due to tax legislation there :)

    Cheers
    Jason

    Hi Jason,

    I had a look at Payoneer and TransferWise, but didn’t know about OFX and Worldfirst. Thanks for that.

    Plugging one of these to PayPal may be the way forward.

    Thanks again

    Michael

    #1224105
    MichaelSoker
    Member
    • Total posts: 8
    Raestorm, post: 270904, member: 102984 wrote:
    Airwallex is another one, allows you to set up a USD account with a US bank and can create virtual credit cards as required for payments

    Thanks for the Airwallex suggestion. Looks impressive. Will look more closely.

    MIchael

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.