Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Using client logos for marketing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up
    ::

I’d like to add the logos of some of my corporate/large organisation clients to my home page. Can I just go ahead and do it, or do I need to ask their permission?

Hobidi Bob
    • Total posts: 43
    Up

I am currently doing the same thing. I think its best to askt heir permission rather than them possibly seeing down the track, getting upset and then you have lost a client, at best a ruined relationship.

maidseasy
    • Total posts: 8
    Up
    bridiej, post: 183938 wrote:
    I’d like to add the logos of some of my corporate/large organisation clients to my home page. Can I just go ahead and do it, or do I need to ask their permission?

Hi Bridie,

Adding logos to your homepage can definitely strengthen your brand – good thinking!

I agree with Hobidi Bob – it’s better to get permission from the organisation.

It will show them that you’re trustworthy and will give you a better chance of being re-called later.

P.S. It can’t hurt to also ask the organisation to promote you on their page as well !

PineapplePear
    • Total posts: 83
    Up

Always best to ask! Some clients like to keep their suppliers close to their chest too, so don’t be offended if they say no :)

Leetoki
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Hi Bridie,

As a designer, we are always taught to ask when it comes to IP or logos/branding. Not only is it respectful and is ‘quality control’ for that business, but it also means that you can request files from the business with the right quality/no background etc. rather than do a stodgy job finding one on the internet that will appear pixelated or just not good to look at! If you’re not sure what specs you are asking for when you request the logo files, just tell them where you intend to put it (Website, pamphlet etc.) or usually their media/marketing team will just send you over a heap of different sized ones.

I also think it’s great to request it from the business as it opens up a new level of communication between the two of you, and shows you respect the brand.

Hope that helps!

LuchiaBloomfield
    • Total posts: 117
    Up

Definitely ask – and while you’re at it, ask if they can return the favour!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.