Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Using Facebook for your business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    SuzsSpace
    Participant
    • Total posts: 692
    Up
    ::

There’s been some discussion recently about using Facebook for your business. I know there’s a lot of “Facebook experts” and misconceptions out there so I was quite happy when a friend told me about this article. It has all the right information.

http://superwahm.com/facebook-banning/

Tony Pfitzner
    • Total posts: 213
    Up
    SuzsSpace, post: 60435 wrote:
    .. I know there’s a lot of “Facebook experts” and misconceptions out there so I was quite happy when a friend told me about this article. It has all the right information.
    This article covers a basic point, and a mistake that quite a few people make. You simply need to create your business page from your personal Facebook account admin area. Not under a separate account. This way you won’t be in breach of their guidelines.

(Facebook actually have a form that enables you to merge two accounts together if you make this mistake, so its not the end of the world.)

Tony

Sean
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

It is necessary for every business to take advantage of the technology that we currently have. But owners must do it in a more acceptable manner to Facebook users. Otherwise, users will end up deleting you within their network or Facebook will eventually ban you.

Meet Internet
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

+1 to everything said above.

Also, a Facebook business page shouldn’t just be about trying to sell a product or service, status updates should offer great content as well. For example a landscaper might use facebook to reach a new customer base and build current relationships, but he/she should also offer content such as “great gardening tips” or “best plants for summer” as examples (bad examples i know!)

Keep in mind when creating a Facebook page for a business to reward them with promotions and great content instead of overtly selling a service

:) Meet Internet team!

mike_allen
    • Total posts: 74
    Up

I’ve been using facebook to push out updates from my WordPress blogs. I have a little pipeline that takes an auto RSS feed of my blog and publishes it using feedburner and then pushes it to facebook using RSS Graffiti. I find this really handy as then the business page and my personal page get content updates whenever I blog. I’ve also got some pure RSS feeds as well. Let me know if I can help, I think I have an RSS obsession! Check it out at my ecommerce fan page

k4k
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Facebook is a pretty nifty tool to use as marketing tool. In fact if your business is the mom and pop type of business, then facebook marketing can not only be good but also pretty damn cost effective. The best part is that in case you don’t have the need for a website, you can make your facebook fan page as a mini website complete with ecommerce as well as good lead capturing using a bit of FBML programming ( very simillar to html). Also you can create engaging apps and promote them via social ads. The scope is pretty unlimited if you ask me. Have included a list of good examples of business which are already leveraging this mode of online marketing. Hope these inspire you. Best of luck!
    Facebook fan pages examples

Melinda B
    • Total posts: 349
    Up

Thanks for the link Suze!

Interesting story, a large kitchenware retailer in Aust was having giveaways on their FB page which is against the TOS. I emailed them to politely let them know and sent them a link to the TOS page.

They emailed me back with this “However, these rules have recently changed. Facebook has let up on many of its rules and we are now able to run such promos on our FB page.

See http://www.shinyshiny.tv/2010/12/facebook_ditche.html for more info.”

Um, really? They’re taking a website that is outside of FB as a higher authority than Facebook’s own Terms of Service? And the article doesn’t actually even mention the TOS.

Funnily enough, when I emailed them back with that I haven’t heard from them again…. and I believe they’re still doing competitions on their fanpage. *rolls eyes*

SuzsSpace
    Participant
    • Total posts: 692
    Up

You’re welcome.

You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink a coffee.

If you’ve told them once then you’ve done them an enormous favour and that’s all you can do. The rest is up to them and if someone reports them and they lose their page then they can say they were warned.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.