Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Using infographics to develop interest

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    boscotan
    • Total posts: 22
    Up
    ::

Hi, I’m wondering if anyone here has had any experience promoting their business with infographics. I’m interested in some strategies around distribution and channels to get into. Is Pinterest good for business infographics?

We’ve put one together here: https://getpocketbook.com/blog/2013/02/12/infographic-christmas-gift-spendin-christmas/

But want to push it. I think it’s got a pretty unique message.

Thanks!

Mary Gardam
    • Total posts: 192
    Up

Hi,

I’m also really interested in any advice regarding the promotion of infographics as well.

We’ve just released out first infographic on our blog, facebook page, linkedin and twitter.

As our audiences are small on these platforms I was wondering about the infographic sharing sites and if anyone has had any success with this?

We’ve also put some presentations up on slideshare which I imagine isn’t doing much for exposure in our target market locally it but is helping a little with SEO as the presentations contain some of our keywords.

Any advice would be great.

Mary

websitedesigner
    • Total posts: 917
    Up

Hi guys sorry just a quick reply. Those infographics look pretty good, I think perhaps more data (the first one) and more variety in graphics (the second one) might help here are a couple of promo tips:

1. Include some embed code (if you are on WP use a plugin called Embed Code Generator)
    2. Share it in the usual ways – here is an infographic I put up that covers how I share all of my content. Infographics especially get well recieved in places like Facbeook / Pinterest and in FB / LinkedIn Groups
    3. Submit it to infographic directories. I have a list I’ve curated here just email me [email protected] and I’ll share it with you otherwise just google it there are heaps of infographic submission sites.
    4. Contact other people on Pinterest who curate small business inforgraphics, there are heaps of them. Show them yours and ask them to include it (make sure you have the embed code). Other small business blogs like to share them too.

Obviously quality is everything particularly in the research of the data and the design. You will find it’s pretty low converting traffic but they tend to get much higher traffic volume than a normal post.

If it’s a pillar type infographic like it’s the graphic that represents your business type thing then there are other uses like putting it on your homepage etc. Maybe even release a press release about it using PR Web.

Hope that helps good luck and remember to report back to the forum with your results.

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

Are you aware that infographics just like books, cds, free tele/webinars, etc may promote the business but don’t usually attract paying clients just on their own?

So are you interested in eyeballs or increasing your revenue?

Mary Gardam
    Up

Thanks Dan, great info. I’ll definitely investigate further.

Great feedback – it was my first attempt so I will definitely be trying to improve the appearance of the next one.

Khalid Adam, post: 151268 wrote:

Definitely eyeballs and improving understanding. I’m trying to raise awareness of the business and in this case one of our services. I’m trying to reach those who don’t like reading blog posts.

In my industry there is generally very little information shared or if it is it is full of jargon and really only understood by other professionals in the same industry. I’m trying to make it more accessible and easier to understand – my infographic represents the contents of 14 pages of a quality standard (ISO9001).

Mary

websitedesigner
    Up

I think Seth Godin might disagree with you. I certainly do. I’m sure the world’s B2B marketers who are spending 33% of their budgets on content marketing would also.

They seem to generate leads just fine. In fact they generate them at 61% less cost than other forms of marketing according to Hubspot).

In my last business content marketing was my only form of marketing and I averaged one lead a day for very little costs while my competitors were paying $10 per click with Adwords.

I spoke to a guy today who has done no advertising and is making $20-$30k per month. His marketing is all of the things you mentioned below that don’t work. He’s written 2 books, he does regular webinars, a weekly newsletter, blogs etc.

Good on you guys for embracing a more effective way of marketing and adding value to your industry at the same time as opposed to trying to interrupt people and force them onto your product.

Khalid Adam, post: 151268 wrote:
    Are you aware that infographics just like books, cds, free tele/webinars, etc may promote the business but don’t usually attract paying clients just on their own?

websitedesigner
    Up
    mg, post: 151290 wrote:
    Definitely eyeballs and improving understanding. I’m trying to raise awareness of the business and in this case one of our services. I’m trying to reach those who don’t like reading blog posts.

In my industry there is generally very little information shared or if it is it is full of jargon and really only understood by other professionals in the same industry. I’m trying to make it more accessible and easier to understand – my infographic represents the contents of 14 pages of a quality standard (ISO9001).

Mary

Don’t be dissuaded. What you are doing is excellent, it’s adding value as well as building your authority and it will lead to customers. Keep doing what you are doing and scale it by 10X. Also focus as much attention on promoting your content as you do on creating it also. It can feel like you are talking to yourself sometimes but it’s an investment. If you want some motivation here is an interview with a guy who grew his humble inground pool company to one of the biggest of it’s kind in the world using content marketing.

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

Perhaps you’re confusing media with marketing systems? Not the same.

There are tons of broke content creators because they don’t know how to turn their talent into predicable revenue. Authors suffer from this.

Just be careful of following the crowd otherwise you end up on the wrong side of the 80/20 rule.

Seth Godin is a marketing master and does a great job at repurposing content from 30 + years ago e.g “permission marketing”.

websitedesigner, post: 151342 wrote:
    I think Seth Godin might disagree with you. I certainly do.
    websitedesigner
    Up

Hey guys one other tip here, adding some interactivity can help too. I released this yesterday:

50 Traffic Tips for Content Marketers

It’s not really an infographic as such but it’s an interactive / graphic heavy post I suppose. I’ve had feedback from people like Joe Pulizzi, David Meerman Scott etc who have said it’s great and a bit different so this can work too.

Mary Gardam
    Up

Thanks Dan.

Looks great and packed full of useful info.

Mary

Mary Gardam
    Up

Hi,

websitedesigner, post: 151262 wrote:
    Hope that helps good luck and remember to report back to the forum with your results.

I just thought I would share how the infographic experiment? went.

How I shared it:

Company facebook page – it performed quite well, it is my most popular post to date, almost twice that of other work related content and had a 50% organic and 50% viral exposure. (Don’t get too excited for me these numbers are still quite small but I’m happy for the increased exposure).

Linkedin company page – this is where I thought it would do well but it only received 2/3 of the number of impressions that I usually get for my articles, presentations etc. This was quite unexpected and disappointing as Linkedin is where much more of my target audience live.

Blog post on my website blog- Google analytics has told me that visits to this blog post have accounted for 7.5% of total traffic, my third most visited page, with people spending an average of 2 and a half min on the page.

I also shared it on twitter – however I have no idea how to find what happened after that – any suggestions for finding twitter analytics? – I’m very new to twitter.

It has had a significant impact on a couple of my keywords:

1. >300 in January to 24 in March (Pages from Australia search)
    2. >300 in January to 47 in March (Pages from Australia search), also have other entries on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd pages from other efforts.

Yes there is still a long way to go but this area is especially competitive.

I have yet to put it on Pinterest or use any other of Dan’s suggestions (sorry – I’ve been a bit busy) from my point of view it has already been very beneficial for the improvement in ranking in some very competitive areas.

I’m going to be a bit more adventurous with my next infographic and try sharing in more locations.

I hope this was useful.

Mary

websitedesigner
    Up

Great to hear!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

The Barefoot Marketer
    • Total posts: 61
    Up

Hi Guys

I can’t agree enough that content marketing is very valuable if you have all the steps planned out first. Knowing exactly how you are going to turn those eyeballs into $$$.

I’ve only just started looking into infographics because from what I have been reading they are quite effective at generating exposure.

Was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction for creating my first infographic, I’ll keep you posted on how it all goes.

Cheers,

MartinN
    • Total posts: 20
    Up

Hey guys,

I’m quite new to this forum, but this thread has caught my attention.

Infographics do work, from my experience. Here’s my way…

1) Create a useful Infographic
    2) Join Pinterest and seek out others in your fields, follow them
    3) Facebook is awesome for infographics, followed by twitter
    4) create a “Call to Action” – ask people to like, retweet etc
    5) Search Google for infographics resources/directories – there are many
    6) keep an eye on the analytics – know what works and what doesn’t
    7) start work on your 2nd infographic based on what you learnt from the first

Most importantly, get a clear picture of what you want to achieve from having an infographic out there – exposure, links to your site, sign ups, etc.,

Just my two cents worth.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Profit Booster,

I haven’t looked at it, but recently noticed that hubspot was promoting something on this page.

I’d be interested in your feedback on it, and would if you find any other tools I’d be keen to hear about them too.

Good luck,
    Jayne

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.