Home – New Forums Face-to-face meetups & events Using Linkedin as a Networking Tool

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Networking WA
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

As I am sure many of you are small business owners and/or Entrepreneurs, thought you might be interested in joining group on linkedin called Australian Business Owners and Entrepreneurs

-Share your business experiences
    -Network with Like-minded Professionals

http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1924249

allcreative
    • Total posts: 54
    Up
    Networking WA, post: 6633 wrote:
    As I am sure many of you are small business owners and/or Entrepreneurs, thought you might be interested in joining group on linkedin called Australian Business Owners and Entrepreneurs

-Share your business experiences
    -Network with Like-minded Professionals

http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1924249

I’d love to join, but the last 10 times I’ve tried to use LinkedIn, it was incredibly slow, buggy and it just plain didn’t work :(

I’ve been turned off it bigtime. I find Xing is much better and more stable.

Joel

Rod
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Good idea.

I’m in. (Although I do agree with Joel, that LinkedIn has issues…)

Rod

LeelaCosgrove
    • Total posts: 634
    Up

Weird … I’ve been using linked in for 2.5 years and I’ve had limited problems … very rare anything goes wrong …

But then … I have a Mac … so it’s very rare anything goes wrong on my computer, period.

;)

peppie
    • Total posts: 525
    Up

Ahhhh, so now I understand you Leela, a Mac person huh?! Sorry, just my little jibe.

I am committed to PCs mainly because of the software I use, the vast majority of which really is only available for the PC. Even Macs do play up though Leela, even if yours hasn’t.

Now, about LinkedIn, I understood that it was basically an “invite only” situation to join into any “conversation”. Is it difficult to get yourself invited though, can you possibly in fact “offer” yourself for an invitation to a group you would really like to be in, can you be evicted, how useful is it for networking potential clients??? Just being kinda curious.

LeelaCosgrove
    • Total posts: 634
    Up

You need to be “Linked In” to people to talk to them (unless you interact on the questions and answers forum, which is a good idea).

You can set yourself up as an “open networker” – I’ve currently got over 2,100 first level connections, so plenty of potential conversations.

ROI has been good … a bit of work, but more in terms of HBs, JVs, speaking opportunities, etc. It’s also a good place to get / give testimonials … there’s a host of other things you can do now, too – from linking in your blog, to using slideshare, to talking about books …

lastminutelegal
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

Good idea.

Count me in :)

Sef
    • Total posts: 39
    Up

Am I allowed to do a little self promotion here?

I am heavily involved with the development of a brand new invitation only social networking site called 434U.
    However apart from the normal personal social networking stuff every member has the ability to set up a business profile, create their own business website complete with forum, events, blogs etc and get listed in our business directory. Within our business community you can also create specific subgroups more targeted towards your niche area
    And it is completely FREE (even better every member shares in the revenue we make!)
    Just drop me a PM if you are interested, want more information or want an invite.
    Rgds, Sef

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

I would join if I could, but as someone else pointed out, slow and buggy – I don’t know how any professionals put up with it.

Damned annoying when it refuses your password 4 out of 5 attempts,,,,make that 5/5 (even though already logged in…)

STREAMDATA
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

I have just started using Linkedin, so far no issues

I also have the iPhone App.. Works great but has limited functions

Cheers,

Vince

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.