Home Forums Wellbeing & balance Using Personal Training as a therapeutic tool

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mikeepod
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1

Hey Guys,

My name is Mike, first-time posting here. I love the content. I’ve been suffering from depression and anxiety for the longest time. This has severely hampered my life a lot. Recently, I’ve been getting into fitness and I was thinking that personal training could be a tool to use. I was wondering if any of you guys have experience in exercise as a therapeutic tool for helping anxiety and depression. I would love to learn if personal training might be a good way to do that. I would love any help from you guys regarding this topic. What personal training did for you? Did it help you with mental health problems? I’m excited to get started. Thanks!

Mike

• This topic was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Mikeepod.
    Dave Gillen – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,563

Welcome to the forums @mikeepod!

Sounds like a great idea. I’m sure there are a bunch of studies out there on the benefits of exercise for mental health/anxiety/depression, and a personal training service with a focus on those benefits could work.

Find out what those studies say about intensity/type of exercise, and you could build programs accordingly. Could include exercise and other complementary activities (maybe meditation, diet, etc).

Dave

Dave Gillen - Client Acquisition | Brisbane | (07) 3180 0288
    SofiaSchulz
    Participant
    • Total posts: 5

Hi and welcome, Mikeepod!
    In believe that personal training and exercise are fundamental and really helpful in stress and anxiety situations.
    I think it really depends on what each person look for. For example, I love listening to music while I am walking, because this keep me distract during stress moments. And I believe that in these specific situations, listening to music while walking really help me to relax. I just think you need to find the right exercise or activity for you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.