Home – New Forums Other discussions Using someone else’s logo on your website etc

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    trakka
    • Total posts: 25
    Up
    ::

So I read quite a few blogs to do with businesses and the internet etc.

I noticed on one such blog that occasionally when talking about a website or product that is not the owner’s they will use the logo / branding etc related to the product.

This got me thinking. Once my business is up and running and I have a logo (that of course will be registered TM etc etc) can someone use that logo on their blog when talking about the product without my permission?

I have since noticed that in the newspapers they will quite often use a graphic of the logo etc in stories related to some products.

If they are talking about the product in a positive light, then having the logo/brand there hopefully will be a good thing. But if they are being negative that isn’t so great.

What are the rules? Does anyone know?

Astrid
    • Total posts: 459
    Up
    ::

Good question – I came across this a couple of months ago while looking for blog topics. From what I learned you have to be asked if someone wants to use your logo for editorial reasons.

On the other hand – there is this website “brands of the world” where anyone can download logos of wellknown brands. So there might be a grey zone or it’s different with famous brands like Coca Cola.

I would rather ask twice than run into legal trouble. And then publish a credit with it. Or a link.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.