Home – New Forums Get productive Using your iPhone in your small business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Arnold Shields
    • Total posts: 58
    Up
    ::

Have a look at http://www.freelancer.com for iphone apps development. There are a number of other freelancer sites around the web.

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

I seems to remember a site that has a free tool for creating apps. Sounds too easy…I’ll post it if I find it again

Steven Hudson
    • Total posts: 122
    Up

That’s a great site not only for iPhone apps……I have traditionally used Craig’s List for most of my out sourcing.

Cheers

Steven

soliddata
    • Total posts: 392
    Up
    chrise01, post: 30012 wrote:
    Hi,

I decided to write a web based application, hosted offsite, using Ruby on Rails (web server/programming langauge) with mySQL as the backend database. Works perfectly for the iPhone and Safari.

Chris

What sort of app are you writing Chris – one to manage your business?

Kevin

Devan
    • Total posts: 57
    Up

I am pretty much running my entire business on iPhone & iPad now…Just about everything we do is ‘in the cloud’.

Loving the freedom… :)

HRnet
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

A great App for business is the WorldCard reader – basically take a picture of any business card, and it interprets the information, dumping it straight to your contacts without you needing to type in anything. It is very very accurate and the time saving is immense. And best of all, you instantly know when someone calls rather than wondering who it is all the time!

Becca
    • Total posts: 38
    Up

I have heard you can use the iphone for credit card payments, is anyone currently doing this?

I have an event next month and have priced eftpos terminals and am wondering if it would be cheaper for me to get an iphone and do it via that (at least I would have something to show for it)!

Selene
    • Total posts: 22
    Up

Someone mentioned earlier that they used ICCpay. I would be interested to see if this was a useful tool and if there are any additional costs.

Business Vision Solutions
    • Total posts: 30
    Up

I find Mocha VNC Lite (free) a great tool. Log on to your computer from anywhere in the world using your iphone and see your screen and use your computer as if you were sitting in front of it. Very handy.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.