Home – New Forums Tech talk Vendhq + Magento + Bizelo – anyone using?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SalenaKnight
    • Total posts: 604
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

We are looking to move over to Vendhq for our instore POS. In addition, we’re moving our website over from oscommerce to Magento (Community – not Go).

The biggest issue is inventory – no matter where it sells (on line or in one of our stores) we need instantaneous inventory updates. We currently have this, as we use OSC for our POS system, but it’s quite clunky. Looking forward, we need a really user friendly POS system that can be rolled out over a number of stores in the future.

As an aside, we’ve also looked at Lightspeed, but not being Mac people, it comes with a hefty hardware change over price tag and the customisations for a decent looking store are upward of $4k. We also have our own Brisbane-based server, so that’s not an issue regarding Magento chewing up bandwidth etc.

Looking into it, Bizelo appears to be the answer, but comes with a monthly subscription fee, though I’ll swallow this if I have to :(

So, does anyone use Bizelo, and if so, can they give me a review, and if anyone uses Vendhq AND Magento, I’d love to speak to you!

And yes, we’ll put all this into testing, but setting it all up is not a 2 min job!.

Rhys
    • Total posts: 325
    Up
    flower-child, post: 127542 wrote:
    Hi All,

We are looking to move over to Vendhq for our instore POS. In addition, we’re moving our website over from oscommerce to Magento (Community – not Go).

The biggest issue is inventory – no matter where it sells (on line or in one of our stores) we need instantaneous inventory updates. We currently have this, as we use OSC for our POS system, but it’s quite clunky. Looking forward, we need a really user friendly POS system that can be rolled out over a number of stores in the future.

As an aside, we’ve also looked at Lightspeed, but not being Mac people, it comes with a hefty hardware change over price tag and the customisations for a decent looking store are upward of $4k. We also have our own Brisbane-based server, so that’s not an issue regarding Magento chewing up bandwidth etc.

Looking into it, Bizelo appears to be the answer, but comes with a monthly subscription fee, though I’ll swallow this if I have to :(

So, does anyone use Bizelo, and if so, can they give me a review, and if anyone uses Vendhq AND Magento, I’d love to speak to you!

And yes, we’ll put all this into testing, but setting it all up is not a 2 min job!.

Hey Flower-child,

Not sure I can cover all this in one post, but let’s give it a go!

There is no integration between Magento & Vend at this point, the only e-commerce solution that integrates to Vend is Shopify.

Depending how much functionality you need around inventory control Vend may not be the right solution for that anyway – I have lots of clients running Magento / Unleashed (for an e-commerce solution + advanced stock control), several of these then run Vend for POS at their retail outlets.

There is an integration between Unleashed & Vend on the way (don’t have an exact release date on this as yet), but having yet another app in the solution may be an overkill if you don’t need it.

There is also an issue about where any stock sold on line is to be shipped from / how you flag stock availability online (ie if a customer orders 1 item, which store does this order get picked from, and how do you automate that process). Not sure if you have multiple stores at present, if so I would be interested in how you deal with this issue.

I have one client who sells on line with all stock shipped from a dedicated warehouse, they manage this via Magento / Unleashed. They also ship to their own retail stores from the warehouse, then use Vend in the stores for POS.

Sorry, I am now rambling – there are too many variables in all of this. If you want to have a chat about this please contact me (contact details on my website), happy to outline a few options.

Cheers, Rhys

Bizelo
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Hello!

Evan here chiming in from Bizelo.

With the Bizelo eRetail inventory management app, you can easily sync inventory across multiple channels. Whether you have 3 warehouses, 4 stores and 5 ecommerce platforms, Bizelo automatically pulls all inventory items and recent orders into a central inventory dashboard.

We integrate with a number of ecommerce solutions including Shopify, 3dCart, Magento, Vend, Etsy, eBay, CartKeeper as well as fulfillment providers such as ShipStation.

Our Bizelo Inventory Management App is focused on helping you manage your inventory, track orders and sales, print pick and packlists, as well as providing you with some reporting on how your business is doing. Items and orders are automatically pulled from your shops, while keeping track of what’s in your shop as well as what’s actually in your warehouse or on your shelves.

We’re also looking to gather some feedback on our new eRetail Supplies Management App and Returns Management App which integrates directly with our eRetail Inventory Management App. We are currently working on a prototype and we would love to get your feedback!

The apps will be publicly available in a few months and those who participate in our beta will get early (and free) access during the beta period.

Please feel free to sign up if interested and contact us with any questions!

Thanks!
    Evan

Evan Schwartz
    Community Manager
    410-429-0092
    [email protected]
    Bizelo.com -Business Apps without the Hassle or the Cost

SalenaKnight
    • Total posts: 604
    Up

wow, wasn’t expecting that Bizelo. Congrats on what I can only assume, are awesome Google Alerts :)

On paper, it looks like the answer, but I guess we’ll never know until we can get it into testing. Our migration starts next week, so I’ll keep you posted.

JohnTranter
    • Total posts: 842
    Up

This is quite interesting, flower-child could you please keep us informed on how you go with all this.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.